Aon plc (NYSE: AON) is the leading global provider of risk management, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resources solutions and outsourcing services. Through its more than 61,000 colleagues worldwide, Aon unites to empower results for clients in over 120 countries via innovative and effective risk and people solutions and through industry-leading global resources and technical expertise. Aon has been named repeatedly as the world's best broker, best insurance intermediary, reinsurance intermediary, captives manager and best employee benefits consulting firm by multiple industry sources. Visit www.aon.com for more information on Aon and www.aon.com/manchesterunited to learn about Aon's global partnership and shirt sponsorship with Manchester United.
Aon Risk Solutions, the global risk management business of Aon plc (NYSE: AON), is the worldwide leader in risk advice and insurance broking. Guided by the Aon Client Promise®, our teams help clients achieve profit, growth and continuity by delivering the best tailored and innovative risk solutions. We empower results through unmatched tools and capabilities, including the award-winning Aon Global Risk Insight Platform®. For more information, visit aon.com/empowerresults.
Account Executive (Personal Lines), Calgary - 47473
As an Account Executive, your sole focus will be new business generation. You will be required to solicit, develop and produce a book of High Net Worth personal insurance business through various cultivation practices & techniques. In addition to prospecting, presenting and closing you will provide thorough portfolio reviews and analysis to offer creative "outside the box" needs based solutions leveraging the strength of Aon’s full service client offerings and resources, including specialized industry knowledge and expertise, industry/market contacts and relationships.
Distinctive Client Value:
- Direct focus on sourcing and closing new business;
- Develops and maintains an active prospect list;
- Keeps in touch with prospects at regular intervals and aggressively pursues opportunities
- Identifies specific client risk exposure & needs;
- Creates analysis reports on current coverage, managing annual premium and potential for additional Aon services and expertise;
- Develops & presents innovative & cost effective solutions in support of new business growth;
- Visibly represents Aon within the local branch community and through participation in high profile professional, business and community associations;
- Establishes targeted and robust business networking strategies and uses these networks and platforms to drive new business for the Branch;
- Draws upon Local, Regional and National Aon resources to maintain active prospect list
- Ensures professional competence and keeps abreast of changes within the industry by maintaining contact both internally and externally;
- Preparation and execution of client meetings as well as participating in seminars and reviewing written material and,
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Proven sales record;
- College Diploma/University Degree (or CIP/CAIB designations an asset);
- Minimum 3+ years of relevant Sales experience;
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and internet research;
- TAM systems & Compu-Quote knowledge an asset;
- Knowledge of Property and Casualty Insurance preferred;
- Knowledge of High Net Worth/Specialty markets & products an asset and
- Presentation and public speaking background an asset
Education and Professional Development:
- Post Secondary Degree or equivalent preferred;
- General Insurance Level 2 required
- Commitment to ongoing learning and professional development including insurance courses/certifications (i.e. Canadian Accredited Insurance Broker (CAIB)/Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP)
Aon offers competitive compensation, exceptional benefits, continuing education & training, a unique internal advancement program, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
All positions at Aon require an applicant who has accepted an offer to undergo a background check. The checks run are based on the nature of the position. Background checks may include some or all of the following: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that you will be required to undergo a background check should you be made an offer. You also understand that the offer is contingent upon successful completion of the background check and results consistent with Aon's employment policies. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon's professionals are unwavering in their client focus and integrity. We promote diversity, professional development, frugality and stewardship, applying a disciplined non-bureaucratic approach to help our clients realize their business potential. Drawing on our experienced team as a competitive advantage, Aon employees have the freedom to take risks, foster innovation, champion for change and replicate best practices.
For more information about Aon Corporation, visit our website at http://www.aon.com.
Aon is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. M/F/D/V
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Job number: 47473
Category: Account Management / Brokerage / Insurance
Location: Canada, AB, Calgary
Not Ready to apply?
Join our Talent Community to receive key career updates.
View similar Jobs
- Calgary AB Canada
- Administrative/Technical Assistant, Commercial Property & Casualty Claims (Calgary, AB) - Job ID 48078Calgary AB Canada
- Calgary AB Canada
- Calgary AB Canada