Aon Corporation is the leading global provider of risk management services, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resource consulting and outsourcing. We work on two of the most critical issues today: Risk and People. Through its more than 65,000 colleagues worldwide, Aon delivers distinctive client value via innovative and effective risk management and workforce productivity solutions. The firms that are changing our world are Aon Clients.
Broker, (Financial Services Group) – Calgary – Job ID 46013
As a Broker, you will negotiate with Underwriters for the best terms, conditions and competitive pricing for existing and new clients. This role is responsible for verifying that all policies and documentation for accuracy in accordance with terms and conditions. In addition, you will be expected to provide updates on legal trends and happenings to the team in Calgary on a regular basis. You will be required to conduct policy audits to identify “gaps” in coverage and to be the SME on the Calgary team with respect to Aon and policy wordings. You must be able to peer review other brokers and associate brokers reports prior to them being issued. Furthermore, client skills are required as this position will service our larger clients and face-to-face meetings and client presentations are expected. This is a team-based role and it’s important that the right candidate has a collaborative work style.
Distinctive Client Value:
- Collaborates with Account Executive to develop coverage strategy and marketing initiatives for renewal and prospective business;
- Analyzes client specific risk exposure and details coverage requirements; prepares and presents marketing proposals for renewals and new business;
- Negotiate, establish, and maintain strong relationships with the underwriting community for the ultimate benefit of the client;
- Follows up with insurer to confirm terms of negotiated contract are met;
- Approves documentation for new contracts, policy changes, additions, deletions and renewals;
- Provide leadership, mentoring and direction to the Associate Broker and Broking Coordinator;
- Leads by example by demonstrating and sharing with all lines of business the importance of best practices; and
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum of 5-7 years of insurance and/or commercial marketing, broking experience;
- Proven business development and sales experience ;
- Ability to work collaboratively as a key member of a team and independently with minimum supervision;
- Client relationship focused;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills;
- Strong organization skills and the ability to prioritize under pressure of competing deadlines;
- Must have strong computer skills and be proficient with the Microsoft Office Package.Can work in a high‐pressure job and demonstrate flexibility.
- Demonstrates resilience and is resourceful and creative at solving problems.
Education and Professional Development:
- Minimum undergraduate degree with Post Secondary Degree or equivalent preferred
- Level 2 License is preferred within three months of hire
- Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP) or Canadian Accredited Insurance Broker (CAIB) or Certified Risk Management (CRM) designations would be an asset
- Commitment to ongoing learning and professional development including insurance courses/certifications/designations (i.e., General Insurance License/ Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP), Canadian Accredited Insurance Broker (CAIB) or Certified Risk Management (CRM))
Aon offers competitive compensation, exceptional benefits, continuing education and training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Aon's professionals are unwavering in their client focus and integrity. We promote professional development and apply a disciplined, non-bureaucratic approach to help our clients realize their business potential. Drawing on our experienced team as a competitive advantage, Aon employees have the freedom to take risks, foster innovation, and champion for change and replicate best practices.
Aon is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce.
For more information about Aon Corporation, visit our website at http://www.aon.com.
Job number: 46013
Location: Canada, AB, Calgary
Not Ready to apply?
Join our Talent Community to receive key career updates.
View similar Jobs
- Calgary AB Canada
- Calgary AB Canada
- Calgary AB Canada