Aon plc (NYSE: AON) is the leading global provider of risk management, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resources solutions and outsourcing services. Through its more than 61,000 colleagues worldwide, Aon unites to empower results for clients in over 120 countries via innovative and effective risk and people solutions and through industry-leading global resources and technical expertise. Aon has been named repeatedly as the world's best broker, best insurance intermediary, reinsurance intermediary, captives manager and best employee benefits consulting firm by multiple industry sources. Visit www.aon.com for more information on Aon and www.aon.com/manchesterunited to learn about Aon's global partnership and shirt sponsorship with Manchester United.
Aon Risk Solutions, the global risk management business of Aon plc (NYSE: AON), is the worldwide leader in risk advice and insurance broking. Guided by the Aon Client Promise®, our teams help clients achieve profit, growth and continuity by delivering the best tailored and innovative risk solutions. We empower results through unmatched tools and capabilities, including the award-winning Aon Global Risk Insight Platform®. For more information, visit aon.com/empowerresults.
Personal Insurance Broker (Temporary) - Whitehorse – Job ID 46752
The Personal Insurance Broker with our Whitehorse Branch actively participates in servicing of existing and potential customer in a Monday to Friday (8:30 am to 4:30pm) work environment. In this role you will service customer by recommending, maintaining appropriate insurance coverage and processing all related documentation. Your role will also be responsible for the following:
Distinctive Client Value:
- Analyzing customer specific insurance coverage requirements, preparing and recommending products/services that match the customer needs for renewals and new business;
- Meeting established sales and service targets;
- Responding to customer inquiries by providing information on products/services and converting high percentage to sales;
- Generating new business opportunities by recommending, up-selling or cross- selling products/services to existing clients where appropriate;
- Reviewing coverages(s) and recommending changes as necessary;
- Resolving customer concern/complaints within authority limits and referring complex/difficult customer concerns to team leader or supervisor;
- Providing post sales customer service by processing policy changes, documents, customer letters and invoices as needed;
- Maintaining quality controls – updating customer information and checking work for accuracy.
- Managing accounts receivable;
- Maintaining general knowledge and understanding of all products/services;
- Leads by example by demonstrating and sharing with all lines of business the importance of best practices; and
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Knowledge of The Agency Manager (TAM) is an asset;
- Ability to work collaboratively as a key member a team and independently with minimum supervision;
- Client relationship focused;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills;
- Strong organization skills and the ability to prioritize under pressure of competing deadlines;
- Must have strong computer skills and be proficient with the Microsoft Office Package.
Education and Professional Development:
- Post Secondary Degree or equivalent preferred;
- General Insurance Level 1 is an asset;
- Commitment to ongoing learning and professional development including insurance courses/certifications (i.e. General Insurance Level 2, Canadian Accredited Insurance Broker (CAIB)/Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP)).
Aon offers competitive compensation, exceptional benefits, continuing education & training, a unique internal advancement program, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
All positions at Aon require an applicant who has accepted an offer to undergo a background check. The checks run are based on the nature of the position. Background checks may include some or all of the following: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that you will be required to undergo a background check should you be made an offer. You also understand that the offer is contingent upon successful completion of the background check and results consistent with Aon's employment policies. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon's professionals are unwavering in their client focus and integrity. We promote diversity, professional development, frugality and stewardship, applying a disciplined non-bureaucratic approach to help our clients realize their business potential. Drawing on our experienced team as a competitive advantage, Aon employees have the freedom to take risks, foster innovation, champion for change and replicate best practices.
For more information about Aon Corporation, visit our website at http://www.aon.com.
Aon is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. M/F/D/V
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Job number: 46752
Category: Account Management / Brokerage / Insurance
Location: Canada, YT, Whitehorse