Customer Service Domain Leader
HR Outsourcing Services
The Customer Service Domain Leader (DL) is accountable for the people, processes and performance and delivery costs for their respective domain. The DL is responsible for the strategic direction and seamless execution of the services provided to their group’s portfolio of current and potential clients. The Domain Leader is an integral contributor to the business unit and client’s P&L.
· Accountable for the service delivery model and best practices necessary to support domain
· Promote business transformational concepts as well as continuous improvement philosophies.
· Consult with clients and the Service Delivery Manager (SDM) to effectively adhere to our delivery
model and unpack complex situations and help to navigate to a desirable solution; lead escalated
discussions with clients as needed (e.g. data privacy concerns, etc).
· Educate associates and serves as a subject matter expert for:
· Domain delivery model;
· Domain-specific best practices;
· Domain specific shared services; and
· Legislative knowledge.
· Develop and execute domain business plan, goals, and priorities aligned to business unit
(BU) objectives including change management plans and transition oversight as required.
· Provide input to the SDM for the annual budget:
· Assess scope and effort across all clients to ensure the team has capacity to execute;
· Assess talent needed to successfully deliver projects and perform load balancing; and
· Establish networks and connect teams to resources for execution of the projects.
· Lead domain capacity and headcount/compensation planning and adherence to cost.
· Accountable for delivery of services within the domain (works from SDM context/direction)
· Work closely with implementation managers on planning, resource allocation, financial analysis, and cut-over to execution, through transitions and go-lives.
· Educate/coach managers in contractual obligations and understanding of the clientof Work (SOW) as well as identifying both in and out-of-scope activities and in the completion of client Change Requests (CRs).
· Model and ensure integration and alignment across all domains (and BUs)
· Drive domain resources to meet Service Level Agreements (SLAs and RSLs), Key PerformanceIndicators (KPIs), and other internal “critical to quality” metrics.
· Influence client-specific budgets across all clients in the domain.
· Prioritize across all clients and focus time on highest priorities.
· Create contingency plans for key milestones and ensure those are seamless to clients.
· Champion change as the sponsor, with managers as the change agents.
· Spearhead rigorous documentation initiatives in order to create sustainability, consistency, centralization and standardization within the domain.
· Ensure appropriate management oversight of third party vendors, including attendance at periodic meetings to review vendor performance, adherence to KPIs and SLAs, survey completion/results, etc.
· Collaborate with internal resources and when necessary and the client to overcome issues and challenges, and mitigate risks.
· Drive effective cost management practices and approach across domain through operational improvements to reduce costs and improve quality and building of offshore capabilities.
· Participate in the negotiations and renewals of third party contracts including appropriate KPIs and periodic reporting that the vendors are responsible to meet.
· Develop and manage to deal models for new and existing clients.
· Support SDM in creating accurate fee quotes for one-time projects; adhere to BU change control process, and capture out of scope work.
· Create and monitor accurate compensation, expense and headcount budgets/forecasts for the domain and collaborate with SDM.
Communicate financial results to domain associates and internal stakeholders
· Design and implement an organization structure that facilitates operational excellence, optimal resource allocation, role clarity, and superior client service.
· Develop, support, and execute upon overall engagement strategies and positively impact associate engagement.
· Establish network for managers, and connect teams to necessary resources, for successful execution of projects.
· Align managers and associates within the domain to BU goals and client-specific budgets.
· Educate, reinforce, and hold associates accountable for behaviors that support Hewitt policies and guidelines (e.g. Code of Conduct, Data privacy, etc.), and model the AON Hewitt “Manager Expectations.”
· Identify high potential associates for critical roles and provide coaching/mentoring.
· Support managers in execution of goals and priorities at the associate level.
· Act as role model in proactively managing performance issues.
· Own client team staffing decisions (with input from SDM).
· Proactively communicate resource changes to the SDM and Account Executive (AE).
· Assess and initially approve/deny requisition requests.
· Support recruiting efforts to ensure the hiring of a talented and diverse staff.
· Participate in the sales process and align domain resources as appropriate.
· Participate in the completion of potential client RFPs, price modeler, and site visits.
· Serve as an expert domain resource.
· Lead due diligence process for prospective clients as it relates to their specific domain expertise.
· Develop and gain buy-in to deal model.
· Review and validate SOWs during client take-on.
· Work with the SDM/AE to identify selling opportunities to broaden existing client relationships.
· Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent professional-level work experience.
· Six Sigma green or black belt desired.
· Certified Payroll Management and/or Certified Human Resources designations considered an
Knowledge and Experience
· 10+ years of experience in Human Resources, benefits, payroll, call center or related fields.
· Demonstrated experience in leading and creating strategy for a domain and client.
· Demonstrating engagement and results and value across domains (outside of area of
· Led domain and delivered in a variety of complex client situations.
· Established relationships with clients and strong consulting experience.
· Experience collaborating effectively in a team environment with accountability for leading
results across MP business units.
· Deep domain knowledge and active in industry events.
· Advanced in the knowledge of system capabilities and application platform.
· Intermediate to advanced regulatory and legislative knowledge (state, federal, and province).
· Led commercial operations at scale.
· Proven ability to guide and advise managers and associates.
· Advanced in champion in change and innovation.
· Strong organizational perspective, ability to reach across the organization.
· Office work environment.
· Requires the ability to interact with others in multiple locations globally. This may require
· Occasional evening and weekend work to meet business needs.
· Frequent computer use at a workstation for extended periods of time.
· Some travel may be required (up to 25%).
All positions require an applicant who has accepted an offer to undergo a background check. The checks run are based on the nature of the position. Background checks may include some or all of the following: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. By applying for a position with Aon Hewitt, you understand that you will be required to undergo a background check should you be made an offer. You also understand that the offer is contingent upon successful completion of the background check and results consistent with Aon Hewitt's employment policies. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Toronto, Ontario Canada
Toronto, ON Canada