Commercial Market Leader, Western Canada (Calgary) ? Job ID 39244
Aon Corporation is the leading global provider of risk management services, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resource consulting and outsourcing. We work on two of the most critical issues today: Risk and People. Through its more than 59,000 colleagues worldwide, Aon delivers distinctive client value via innovative and effective risk management and workforce productivity solutions. The firms that are changing our world are Aon Clients
Aon Hewitt is the global leader in human capital consulting and outsourcing solutions. The company partners with organizations to solve their most complex benefits, talent and related financial challenges, and improve business performance. Aon Hewitt designs, implements, communicates and administers a wide range of human capital, retirement, investment management, health care, compensation and talent management strategies. With more than 29,000 professionals in 90 countries, Aon Hewitt makes the world a better place to work for clients and their employees.
Commercial Market Leader, Western Canada (Calgary) – Job ID 39244
As the Commercial Market Leader reporting to the Chief Commercial Officer, the primary focus is to develop and execute upon a professional sale plan to achieve new client relationships, business opportunities and revenue goals, utilizing all necessary Aon resources. This role holds the following core responsibilities:
Distinctive Client Value
* Responsible for new business development in the market;
* Assist in the development of sales and marketing strategy designed to cultivate revenue generation opportunities;
* Develop comprehensive new business sales and development plans for identified targeted prospects and existing clients based on pre-agreed financial goals;
* Work in collaboration with In-Practice Account Executives and Local Market Directors to focus efforts on the development of new contacts and building relationships with prospects;
* Actively manage ‘At Risk’ portfolio, working with other leaders in the business to resolve client issues;
* Collaborate with key contacts at Aon Risk Solutions and Aon Benfield to bring the knowledge of all available Aon resources and solutions and matching those to client business requirements;
* Identify specific client and prospect needs and develop innovative and cost effective solutions.
* Cross-sell, expanding the existing programs with our clients and develop and manage client relationships in order to increase penetration sales and cultivate new business opportunities;
* Develop and execute on a plan to ensure client satisfaction, including, but not limited to meeting with clients to assess their level of satisfaction.
* Continuously work with CRM and prospect management systems as tools to support sales activities, specifically ensuring all prospects are updated in SalesForce.com in a timely and accurate manner as per Aon guidelines;
* Accountable for the development of annual and quarterly business plans and hold oneself accountable for the performance of the plan;
* Facilitate and lead sales opportunity strategy workshops incorporating various Aon resource teams and experts.
* Supporting the achievement of overall business goals by creating a positive and productive work environment;
* Coaching and developing colleagues and recognizing team and individual accomplishments; and
* Perform other duties as required
Qualifications and Experience:
* Minimum of 7 + years industry experience and proven business development and sales experience, preferably in a consulting environment/industry;
* Demonstrated ability to influence key external and internal decision-makers;
* Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with consulting teams having a wide range of experience and expertise;
* Comfortable working both independently and in a team-based environment;
* Advanced presentation skills;
* Demonstrated business development and selling skills;
Aon offers competitive compensation, exceptional benefits, continuing education and training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Aon's professionals are unwavering in their client focus and integrity. We promote professional development and apply a disciplined, non-bureaucratic approach to help our clients realize their business potential. Drawing on our experienced team as a competitive advantage, Aon employees have the freedom to take risks, foster innovation, and champion for change and replicate best practices.
Aon is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce.
For more information about Aon Corporation, visit our website at http://www.aon.com.