Lead Consultant, Talent & Engagement ? Western Canada ? Job ID 39783
For over 65 years, Aon Hewitt has been helping leading companies around the world get a great return on their most important investment - their people. We've earned our reputation for HR excellence through the thought leadership of Aon Hewitt Consulting and the administrative leadership of Human Resources Outsourcing.
Clients look to us for best-of-breed solutions to specific problems as well as fully integrated solutions that bring together our broad range of services. We enable our clients to build shareholder value by helping them hire, develop, motivate, retain and reward the employees who create that value every day.
Aon Hewitt began as an HR consulting firm - and our thought leadership, innovative consulting solutions, and client-intimate service remain the cornerstone of who we are. Our broad-based and unique consulting capabilities give companies worldwide the experience, creativity, and resources they need to take on their biggest human resources and organizational challenges.
Lead Consultant, Engagement and Talent – Western Canada – Job ID 39783
As a Lead Consultant in our Engagement and Talent practice in Alberta or Saskatchewan, you will assess employee and leader engagement, and create and deliver organizational change strategies for a variety of mid and large sized organizations in Canada, primarily focused on engagement, talent management and rewards solutions. You will help build new client relationships and new work for Aon Hewitt's performance, rewards and talent business. In addition to delivering quality client work, you will be expected to contribute to the firm through thought leadership, client leadership, or people leadership.
One of the characteristics of a successful consulting career is to be focused on creating results for clients and Aon Hewitt. Our consultants demonstrate the following:
* A desire to move the business forward through building a broad consulting reputation, continuously learning and actively sharing knowledge.
* Ability and willingness to be flexible to meet the needs of clients-when and where they need us.
* Flexibility to travel (30%+)throughout Western Canada
* Lead consulting assignments to assess engagement levels, and provide C-suite level executives with meaningful insight into the state of engagement at their organization and direction on key next steps to improve engagement, including briefings to participants in Aon Hewitt’s Best Employers in Canada study;
* Consult with our clients at multiple organizational levels, including the VP HR and C-suite level, to create organization and behaviour-changing change management strategies, primarily focused on employment experience, talent management and rewards;
* Create and help deliver business-oriented people solutions, drawing from your strong business acumen, deep analytical skills, and your extensive experience in employee research, talent management, leadership, or change management and communication;
* Integrate and analyze primary and secondary data, people metrics and business knowledge to understand talent perceptions and behaviours and provide insightful and actionable insights and solutions;
* Be proactive in the marketplace and seek ways both independently and in collaboration with other colleagues to further establish Aon Hewitt’s brand and to identify and win new opportunities;
* Create strong, ongoing client relationships, becoming their trusted advisor on organization and behaviour change;
* Integrate with and influence thought leaders across Aon Hewitt to create and deliver holistic consulting and administration offers and solutions;.
* Work effectively in a consulting team environment as either a lead consultant or contributing member;:
* Demonstrate strong leadership behaviours and work effectively with all levels of colleagues, both within the performance, reward and talent consulting practice and across other Aon Hewitt practices;
* Create quality client solutions by confidently contributing your expertise and point of view, while seeking out and being open to the expertise, experiences and points of view of your colleagues; and
* Provide thought leadership; contribute to product development, marketing and business models.
* Bachelor's degree in related discipline;
* Minimum ten years of relevant consulting experience;
* Demonstrated expertise managing most or all of the following: quantitative and qualitative engagement assessment, employment experience, total rewards, talent management, leadership; compensation consulting; retirement and benefits a plus;
* Extensive experience in employee research and / or change management specific to most or all of the following: employment experience, total rewards, talent management; compensation, retirement and benefits a plus;
* Demonstrated experience in coaching, leading, and/or managing people is preferred;
* Demonstrated business and organizational skills;
* Strong business acumen-proven ability to make effective, business-based decisions;
* Demonstrated ability to influence key external and internal decision-makers;
* Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with consulting teams having a wide range of experience and expertise;
* Comfortable working both independently and in a team-based environment;
* Advanced presentation skills;
* Demonstrated business development and selling skills;
Aon offers competitive compensation, exceptional benefits, continuing education and training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Aon's professionals are unwavering in their client focus and integrity. We promote professional development and apply a disciplined, non-bureaucratic approach to help our clients realize their business potential. Drawing on our experienced team as a competitive advantage, Aon employees have the freedom to take risks, foster innovation, and champion for change and replicate best practices.
Aon is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce.
For more information about Aon Corporation, visit our website at http://www.aon.com