The Programmer is responsible for programming and testing batch systems to ensure they meet client requirements and align with analysis documents. The Programmer will deploy code to production and help create and modify technical documentation for client teams. (Programmers on Ongoing teams will provide production support to ensure jobs run successfully).
* Writes code for TBA batch processes based on analysis documents provided. Also creates JCL (job control language) to run batch jobs.
* Executes test plan by first identifying test cases and then conducting testing based on plan to determine if program functions without defects. May perform batch regression testing.
* Documents defects and may investigate and resolve issues when actual results don't meet expected results. Validates resolutions with LSA or PAA for final approval.
* Prepares, documents, schedules and moves code to production environment following procedures and standards.
* Develops or assists with the development and maintenance of user documentation and processing guidelines.
* Provides on going production support by monitoring productions jobs, restarting failed jobs, and performing defect analysis and correction.
Formal Education & Certification
* Bachelor's degree (with preferred concentrations in Math, Actuarial Science, Finance, Computer Science, Economics, MIS) or equivalent work experience.
* 1-2 years related work experience preferred.
Knowledge & Experience
* Background in the development and implementation of software solutions.
* Familiarity with production scheduling software.
* Familiarity with human resource, payroll and/or benefit systems.
* Experience with automated software and system management tools.
* Knowledge of system and software quality assurance best practices and methodologies.
* Experience with core software applications, including SQL/DB2 and Data Models.
* Technical fluency in top-down programming languages, including SAS.
* Knowledge of database design and file management techniques.
* Working knowledge of network and PC operating systems, including MVS/JCL/ISPF.
* Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
* Ability to effectively prioritize, manage, track, and report project status.
* Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
All positions require an applicant who has accepted an offer to undergo a background check. The checks run are based on the nature of the position. Background checks may include some or all of the following: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. By applying for a position with Aon Hewitt, you understand that you will be required to undergo a background check should you be made an offer. You also understand that the offer is contingent upon successful completion of the background check and results consistent with Aon Hewitt's employment policies. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Toronto, Ontario Canada
Toronto, ON Canada