Payroll Functional Manager
HR Outsourcing Services
Leverage your strong leadership abilities, your advanced knowledge in payroll delivery and your passion for people and customer satisfaction in this fast-paced management role!
* Lead a multi-client and multi-platform payroll delivery team (23+) with effective training, development and direction enabling them to meet departmental goals
* Build and retain a high-performing team that is capable of delivering the work to meet service goals in a deadline-driven environment
* Responsible to ensure appropriate controls are in place to meet all SOX and payroll audit requirements
* Coordinate the preparation of materials for external and internal auditors
* Responsible for year-end deliverables (audit reports, error reports etc)
* Provide coaching and expert knowledge on payroll processing to Payroll administrators, management and clients.
* Prepare and respond to RFPs and client change orders for new or existing clients
* Act as liaison between other operational teams within Aon Hewitt (Benefits, IT, Pensions)
* Provide direction and leadership on major projects such as PeopleSoft upgrades, etc
* 7+ years of relevant managerial experience in a complex, high volume payroll environment (5000+ employees), preferably with experience working with unions.
* Completion of Certified Payroll Manager (CPM) program preferred with a minimum of Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) required
* Advanced knowledge of Federal and Provincial legislation
* Advanced knowledge of PeopleSoft HRMS and Payroll modules (version 8.0+) considered an asset.
* Bachelors Degree is preferred
* Ability to work with ambiguity
* Ability to handle multiple priorities concurrently
* Proven leader and a change agent
* Strong verbal/written communication skills
* Flexibility to contribute over and above required work schedules
All positions require an applicant who has accepted an offer to undergo a background check. The checks run are based on the nature of the position. Background checks may include some or all of the following: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. By applying for a position with Aon Hewitt, you understand that you will be required to undergo a background check should you be made an offer. You also understand that the offer is contingent upon successful completion of the background check and results consistent with Aon Hewitt's employment policies. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Toronto, Ontario Canada
Toronto, ON Canada