Aon Corporation is the leading global provider of risk management services, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resource consulting and outsourcing. We work on two of the most critical issues today: Risk and People. Through its more than 59,000 colleagues worldwide, Aon delivers distinctive client value via innovative and effective risk management and workforce productivity solutions. The firms that are changing our world are Aon Clients.
Aon Risk Solutions is the Canadian risk management arm of Aon. In Canada, Aon Risk Solutions roots go back to 1850. We have a staff of over 1,300 insurance and risk management professionals in 26 offices across Canada and are the only international brokerage firm with full service offices in almost every province and territory.
The Associate Underwriter is responsible for the review of incoming submissions; the early preparation of the submission for the underwriters. The logging of all submissions quotes and binds. The set up and entry of all client information into Xpress; the issuance of DEC pages and policy documents; the creation of invoices; the creation of daily and monthly premium bordereau’s reports and aggregate reporting; lineage and bordereaux entry, validation and reconciliation.
* Log all incoming Facility submissions, quotes and binds
* Prepare Summary documents for Facility Underwriter
* Ensure full understanding of Facilities, including wordings, endorsements, limits, etc.
* Enter client information into Xpress
* Prepare DEC pages and policy documents for issuance; prepare client/branch documentation
* Create invoices
* Entering client and insurer information in an accurate and timely manner
* Create daily/monthly premium bordereaux reports
* Create daily/monthly lineage entries
* Ensure full monthly reconciliation is done between Xpress billings and lineage and bordereaux entries
* Retrieve and analyze Facility results, reviewing trends and providing recommendations
* Research competitive marketplace and make product improvement suggestions
* Maintaining quality controls and checking work for accuracy
* Escalating, as required, complex/difficult customer complaints or inquiries to the appropriate team leader
* Create and maintain underwriting files; file documentation as required
* Answer general underwriting questions
* Perform various other duties as directed by Department Manager
* A university degree is preferred or equivalent work experience
* Accounting/financial courses considered a strong asset
* Insurance course/degree program
* Provincial license is required
* CIP, FCIP & CRM desirable
* Bi-lingual – written and verbal an asset
* Minimum 2-4 years or more experience in Commercial Property/Casualty underwriting and/or professional indemnity underwriting
* Bilingual English/French an asset
* General Knowledge of all areas of general insurance coverage
* Full knowledge of Aon portfolio of available client services and products
* Strong customer service orientation and interpersonal skills
* Good presentation and interpersonal skills
* Strong analytical, mathematical, decision making and negotiating skills
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* Proficient computer skills in : MS Word, Excel and Lotus Notes
* Aggressive, committed team player
* Accounting or financial reconciliation experience
Aon offers competitive compensation, exceptional benefits, continuing education and training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Aon's professionals are unwavering in their client focus and integrity. We promote professional development and apply a disciplined, non-bureaucratic approach to help our clients realize their business potential. Drawing on our experienced team as a competitive advantage, Aon employees have the freedom to take risks, foster innovation, champion for change and replicate best practices.
Aon is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce.
For more information about Aon, visit www.aon.com/careers