Senior Actuarial Analyst - 621057
Aon Corporation is the leading global provider of risk management services, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resource consulting and outsourcing. We work on two of the most critical issues today: Risk and People. Through its more than 62,000 colleagues worldwide, Aon delivers distinctive client value via innovative and effective risk management and workforce productivity solutions. The firms that are changing our world are Aon Clients.
Aon Benfield, a division of Aon plc (NYSE: AON), is the world’s leading reinsurance intermediary and full-service capital advisor. We empower our clients to better understand, manage and transfer risk through innovative solutions and personalized access to all forms of global reinsurance capital across treaty, facultative and capital markets. As a trusted advocate, we deliver local reach to the world’s markets, and an unparalleled investment in innovative analytics. With more than 80 offices in 50 countries, our worldwide client base has access to the broadest portfolio of integrated capital solutions and services.
Summary: Manage client projects from start to finish with limited guidance. Senior Actuarial Analysts should be in frequent communication with client teams and may also deliver some client presentations. Assist in training and mentoring junior actuarial staff.
Roles & Responsibilities:
* Work with lead actuary on a number of large clients
* Perform pricing and capital modeling for various reinsurance structures to aid in decision making
* Work with lead actuary to create client presentations
* Communicate results of technical analysis to executive level and non-actuarial personnel
* Understanding of the broader global insurance and reinsurance market, and how changes to the insurance environment impact clients
* Recognized as a knowledgeable member of the client team with respect to client’s business and reinsurance program, with frequent broker interaction and some client interaction
* Thorough understanding of Aon Benfield Analytics’ suite of products, services and capabilities
* Takes initiative on internal projects to improve processes, products or services
* Consistently produces above average quality and quantity of work
* Perform other duties as assigned
* Bachelor’s Degree in Actuarial Science, Economics, Math or any other analytically oriented equivalent
* Successful completion of 5 actuarial exams
* 5-10 years of experience
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written)
* Ability to think strategically and analytically
* Accuracy, thoroughness, and strong attention to detail
* Ability to work independently and take initiative
* Ability to train/mentor new team members
* Team player
* Extensive knowledge of MS Office suite of products
* Knowledge of stochastic modeling software an asset
* Experience with reinsurance/large account exposure an asset
Aon offers competitive compensation, exceptional benefits, continuing education and training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Aon's professionals are unwavering in their client focus and integrity. We promote professional development and apply a disciplined, non-bureaucratic approach to help our clients realize their business potential. Drawing on our experienced team as a competitive advantage, Aon employees have the freedom to take risks, foster innovation, champion for change and replicate best practices.
Aon is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce.
For more information about Aon, visit www.aon.ca