HR VPLine HR
For more information on Aon Hewitt, please visit http://www.aonhewitt.com/.
The Canada HR Leader provides a full range of HR support and program implementation activities across multiple business segments and functions through Aon’s business in Canada. Role needs to build a unified HR function across all business units and functional areas in Canada. Role will effectively manage transition to a new HR operating model in Canada. Trusted advisor and partner to the Canada Business Leaders driving and implementing organizational design, transformation, change management, talent management, total rewards, attraction and retention of employees, and employee relations strategies and policies. Ensures programs and policies developed globally are implemented for local or regional requirements. The Canada HR Leader reports up through line HR leadership with a dotted line to business leadership.
Trusted Advisor and Business Partner
· Works closely with Canada Business Leaders to create strategy and direction for alignment of Aon’s talent programs to business goals.
· Partners with business leadership teams to achieve financial targets and demonstrates sound business and financial acumen
· Creates trusted relationships with all leaders on Canada Leadership Team enabling influence
· Demonstrates an in-depth understanding of Aon's overall business model and how to align HR
programs within the context of business results and performance
Strategic Leader of HR Portfolio
· Develops a broad understanding of all Aon HR Programs and sets strategic direction of country-specific initiatives related to the following:
ü Annual pay/performance cycle and compensation related structure work (e.g. job leveling)
ü Performance management process (goal setting, talent review and succession planning, career coaching, development, and assessment)
ü Talent movement (promotions, talent moves to other areas)
ü Partners with talent acquisition and business to assess needs and workforce planning strategies
ü Annual engagement analysis and review
ü Workforce planning initiatives
ü HR metrics analysis, review and insight delivery to the business
· Creates cohesive and effective partnerships with aligned HR Functional Leaders, both in Canada and globally, in support of business.
· Ambassador of the HR organization representing services and resources available to the business. Helps manage the collective reputation of the HR organization, not only in Canada but across the globe.
· Works closely with Aon HR Leadership Team to support initiatives, provide insight, and address talent programs for business in Canada.
· Builds a strong performance feedback culture in conjunction with business leaders, employing tools and
resources that promote and reinforce high-performance enabling behaviors
· Understands business strategy and underlying economics; has a point of view in executive-level business discussions
· Able to anticipate and plan for impact of market on employee population; determines what solutions may be necessary
· HR knowledge of total rewards, all levels of talent development, employment law, mentoring,
· Leads HR team in Canada making appropriate connection point across HR functional groups
· Develop HR talent through capabilities and team cohesion
· Work effectively with key stakeholders in Canada and global HR leaders.
· Bridge to other HR business partners and functional experts (both internal and external) and to shared service leaders
· Strong professional network
· Able to recognize connections across broader HR and business populations in order to deliver sound solutions
· Successfully drive change to lead a new unified HR Canada Country Model.
· Educates and influences leaders to adapt quickly to organizational and business specific shifts in direction; considers impacts on business unit and partners with leaders on communication and execution of outcomes needed to adjust to new state.
· Provides thought leadership—related to strategic delivery and based on unique on the ground perspective—to segment or company-wide teams preparing change management plans for major talent-related initiatives.
· Consults with leaders on reorganizations and re-alignments to meet business objectives.
FORMAL EDUCATION & CERTIFICATION QUALIFICATIONS:
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent
· Recognized HR qualification or status strongly desired
· MBA in Human Resources strongly preferred
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
· 15+ years professional HR experience (experience in generalist, specialist, and client-facing roles
· Demonstrated ability to consult, influence and partner with senior leaders in developing/executing
people strategies to drive business performance
· Demonstrated relationship management skills at all levels of the organization
· Experience managing complex projects (global HR project management highly desired)
· Experience working with a US-based global company
· Advanced verbal and written communication skills, especially with senior level leaders
· Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and MS Outlook
· Experience building cost/benefit analysis to justify investment in HR and people strategies
· Ability to coach and mentor senior level leaders and HR team members
· French-Canadian language skills preferred
Minimal travel required. All positions require an applicant who has accepted an offer to undergo a background check. The checks run are based on the nature of the position. Background checks may include some or all of the following: education verification, employment verification, criminal check, Denied Restricted Parties Lists or OFAC lists check, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. By applying for a position with Aon, you
understand that you will be required to undergo a background check should you be made an offer. You also
understand that the offer is contingent upon successful completion of the background check and results
consistent with Aon's employment policies. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are
required by the position.
Aon is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Diversity, M/F/D/V
Toronto, Ontario Canada
Toronto, ON Canada