STD/LOA Case Manager, Parttime (Brooklyn Park, MN)
HR Outsourcing Services
The STD/LOA Case Manager administrates our client's Family and Medical Leave by coordinating the Federal, State and Client Company leave policies. This position ensures compliance and proper documentation in regard to all applicable laws, regulations, and plans, including HIPAA, FMLA, CFRA, as well as all individual State Leave Acts, Military, and Company Sponsored Leave Programs. This specialist will use expertise related to the regulatory and legal requirements for employee benefit plans to employers and employees, serve as a mentor to less-experienced staff, and perform other functions as required to maintain customer service and performance standards maintaining DMA's pre-eminence in FMLA and leaves management.
* Use experience and knowledge to maintain FML information on several different accounts, understanding customer relationships and expectations for various assigned accounts, and mentoring other staff in increasing their proficiency in LOA management.
* Provide total claim management from intake to closure.
* Obtain and review updated medical evidence of reason for leave upon receipt.
* Review guidelines for eligibility resulting in accurate eligibility decisions.
* Compose and send communications to employers and employees within Federally mandated time frames.
* Track all stand-alone leaves and those running concurrently with Workers Compensation and Short Term Disability.
* Assure customer service with client companies and claimants.
* Provide support for all assigned accounts working by set time frames to meet quality assurance and client performance guarantees.
* Analyze monthly reporting data for the client company reporting.
* Resolve problems within scope of authority, while bringing others to the attention of their manager.
* Provide support to Intake/Customer Service team as needed in the Call Center.
* Perform special assignments or assist in special projects as instructed by management
Education and Experience: Mandatory
* High School Diploma.
* 1-3 years of customer service experience in FML or Leaves case management.
* Verbal and written communication skills.
* Medical Certification.
* Bachelor's Degree.
* Worker's Compensation experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Strong oral and written communication skills to interact with claimants clearly, concisely, and persuasively.
* Good analytical and product management skills.
* Strong knowledge of the Family Medical Leave Act of 1993.
* Strong knowledge of State mandated leave plans.
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
* Knowledge of MDA Guidelines.
* Knowledge of telephone etiquette.
* Knowledge and experience with office equipment, such as: computers, faxes, copy machines, and phones.
* Basic knowledge of medical terminology.
* Ability to interact professionally with a diverse group (executives, managers, legal, and subject matter experts).
* Ability to self-motivate.
* Ability to prioritize work continually and produce a significant volume of work efficiently within performance standards.
* Ability to work in a face-paced environment with short deadlines.
* Ability to demonstrate teamwork by dealing effectively with and mentoring
All positions require an applicant who has accepted an offer to undergo a background check. The checks run are based on the nature of the position. Background checks may include some or all of the following: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. By applying for a position with Aon Hewitt, you understand that you will be required to undergo a background check should you be made an offer. You also understand that the offer is contingent upon successful completion of the background check and results consistent with Aon Hewitt's employment policies. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon Hewitt is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Diversity, M/F/D/V
Brooklyn Park, Minnesota United States
Brooklyn Park, MN United States