Sr Consultant Risk Control Consultant, Saskatchewan - Job ID 41911
Senior Consultant, Risk Control – Saskatchewan - Job ID 41911
As a Senior Consultant, Risk Control, your role will be to consult with clients, contractors, regulatory authorities and engineers on risk control matters. This position involves the methodical identification, evaluation, and mitigation of various risk factors (fire, natural hazard, liability, etc.) to reduce an organization's potential to loss, and improve the overall cost of risk. You will also be accountable for the following:
Distinctive Client Value:
* Conducting facility risk control surveys;
* Developing risk control management programs for prevention and improving premises or operations;
* Developing client loss estimates (MFL/PML) on site specific and portfolio basis to assist with insurance program designs;
* Carrying out new facility risk control project reviews and providing related advice;
* Conducting hazard identification and risk assessments at client sites ;
* Conducting incident investigations of client losses;
* Developing and delivering hazard awareness and loss prevention training ;
* Preparing insurance underwriting information reports and plot plans;
* Evaluating and responding to insurance company recommendations;
* Managing performance development, cross-training and succession planning initiatives in support of the attraction, retention and motivation of key talent;
* Embodying and sponsoring Aon’s values and vision , business goals and objectives through a variety of effective communication techniques and structures;
* Fostering and motivating a collaborative team culture across groups, units and team s within the Risk Control department;
* Supporting the achievement of organizational business goals by creating positive and productive departmental working environments, coaching and developing talent and recognizing team and individual accomplishments may be required; and
* Perform other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
* Minimum of 5 - 7 years of progressive experience in Health & Safety /or industry experience;
* 2 – 5 years of related experience including basic construction and code knowledge (NFC, NFP, NBC, etc);
* General knowledge of basic insurance, property, boiler & machinery or liability ;
* Knowledge of Workplace Health & Safety Legislation;
* Strong analysis, problem solving and decision making capabilities;.
* Ability to work collaboratively as a key member a team and independently with minimum supervision;
* Client relationship focused;
* Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills;
* Strong organization skills and the ability to prioritize under pressure of competing deadlines; and
* Must have strong computer skills and be proficient with the Microsoft Office Package
* Flexibility to travel throughout the Prairie Region (Alberta, Saskatchewan & Manitoba)
Education and Professional Development:
* Post Secondary Diploma or equivalent preferred;
* Currently hold a related degree and/or designation (Ie. Bachelor of Science, Certified Environmental, Safety and Health Trainer (C.E.T), Occupational Health & Safety Certificate (OH&S) are an asset ;
* Holds or currently working towards the Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP) or Canadian Society of Safety Engineering (CSSE) designations; and
* Commitment to continuous learning and professional development with a willingness to obtain Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP) , Canadian Accredited Insurance Broker (CAIB) or Certified Risk Management (CRM) designations is preferred
Aon offers competitive compensation, exceptional benefits, continuing education and training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Aon's professionals are unwavering in their client focus and integrity. We promote professional development and apply a disciplined, non-bureaucratic approach to help our clients realize their business potential. Drawing on our experienced team as a competitive advantage, Aon employees have the freedom to take risks, foster innovation, and champion for change and replicate best practices.
Aon is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce.
For more information about Aon Corporation, visit our website at http://www.aon.com.