Marketing Manager - Sponsorships
Marketing Communications Public Relations
Aon plc (NYSE: AON) is the leading global provider of risk management, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resources solutions and outsourcing services. Through its more than 61,000 colleagues worldwide, Aon unites to empower results for clients in over 120 countries via innovative and effective risk and people solutions and through industry-leading global resources and technical expertise. Aon has been named repeatedly as the world's best broker, best insurance intermediary, reinsurance intermediary, captives manager and best employee benefits consulting firm by multiple industry sources. Visit www.aon.com for more information on Aon and www.aon.com/manchesterunited to learn about Aon's global partnership and shirt sponsorship with Manchester United.
We currently have an exciting career opportunity for a Marketing Manager – Sponsorships in our Chicago, IL office. This position will support Aon’s Global Marketing and Communications team.
The Marketing Manager – Sponsorships will help build the strategy, execution and measurement of Aon’s corporate-led partnership marketing investments.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Acts as a primary point-of-contact for sponsored properties and sports marketing agencies; portfolio currently consists of soccer, American football, racing and baseball
* Project manages lead-generation activities, including direct mail and client hospitality, that achieve defined business and marketing objectives
* Provides sponsorship expertise to internal brand managers, business units, country office leaders and other key stakeholders to help shape campaigns and activation plans
* Builds creative production schedules and coordinates approval processes
* Prepares presentations for senior executives
* Composes written internal and external communications
* Assists with sponsorship measurement including ROI calculations, ticket utilization, brand development results, employee engagement metrics and best practices
* Liaises with Finance, Legal, Procurement and Government Relations to ensure fully compliant campaigns
* At least 8-10 years relevant international and domestic marketing experience with well-respected brands, sports properties and agencies
* Bachelors degree in marketing or related field; MBA is a plus
* Advanced knowledge of business-to-business marketing
* Expertise in lead-generation campaign development
* Proven experience across all marketing functions (PR, promotions, advertising, media, digital, social, mobile, experiential, employee engagement, etc.) and an intimate knowledge of how they achieve sponsorship results
* Functional knowledge of data analytics and research methodology; salesforce.com experience is a plus
* Expert Microsoft Office skills
* Fluency in a second language is a plus
* Can-do attitude, self-driven, proactive and dynamic individual
* Proven project management skills and ability to organize large-scale events independently
* Must be able to exercise keen judgment
* Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
* Must have experience in managing multiple priorities and projects simultaneously
* Ability to interact effectively with senior management across the business enterprise
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Aon offers competitive compensation, exceptional benefits, continuing education & training, a unique internal advancement program, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
All positions at Aon require an applicant who has accepted an offer to undergo a background check. The checks run are based on the nature of the position. Background checks may include some or all of the following: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that you will be required to undergo a background check should you be made an offer. You also understand that the offer is contingent upon successful completion of the background check and results consistent with Aon 's employment policies. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon's professionals are unwavering in their client focus and integrity. We promote diversity, professional development, frugality and stewardship, applying a disciplined non-bureaucratic approach to help our clients realize their business potential. Drawing on our experienced team as a competitive advantage, Aon employees have the freedom to take risks, foster innovation, champion for change and replicate best practices.
For more information about Aon Corporation, visit our website at http://www.aon.com.
Aon is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. M/F/D/V
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Chicago, Illinois United States
Chicago, IL United States