IT Project Manager
We currently have an exciting career opportunity for an IT Project Manager in our Hatboro, PA office. This position will support Aon’s Affinity group.
* Creates and executes project work plans and revises as appropriate effectively identifying and highlighting changes in scope, challenges, and risks.
* Identifies resources needed and assigns individual responsibilities.
* Manages day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope.
* Reviews plan, estimates, and schedules of deliverables prepared by team, before passing to business stakeholders.
* Effectively applies and enforces set standards and best practices.
* Complies with and helps enforce enterprise and departmental standard policies and procedures.
* Prepares for engagement reviews and quality assurance procedures.
* Minimizes our exposure and risk on project.
* Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
Project Accounting and Financial Management
* Tracks and reports team hours and expenses on a weekly basis.
* Manages project budget.
* Determines appropriate revenue recognition, ensures timely and accurate invoicing, and monitors receivables for project.
* Follows up with vendors and business partners, when necessary, regarding invoices and requested proposals.
* Analyzes project profitability, revenue, margins, bill rates and utilization.
* Understands basic revenue models, profit and loss, and cost-to-completion projections, and makes decisions accordingly.
* Understands our pricing model and billing procedures.
* Accurately forecasts revenue, profitability, margins, bill rates and utilization.
* Assures project legal documents are completed and signed.
* Identifies and suggests cost effective solutions and approaches as they relate to a specific project and business need.
* Leads proposal efforts including completing project scoping, cost-estimates (hours and dollars), and timelines.
* Effectively conveys our message in both written and verbal business development discussions.
* Facilitates meetings effectively by creating and following a specific agenda and taking into consideration people’s availability and involvement in the project.
* Holds regular status meetings with project team.
* Keeps project team well informed of changes within the organization and general corporate news.
* Effectively communicates relevant project information to superiors.
* Delivers engaging, informative, well-organized presentations.
* Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion.
* Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
* Possesses general understanding in the areas of project SDLC, application programming, database, and system design.
* Understands Internet, Intranet, Extranet and client/server architectures.
* Possesses a thorough understanding of our capabilities.
* Maintains awareness of new and emerging technologies and the potential application on client engagements.
* Leads internal teams/task forces involved in the project.
* Challenges others to develop as leaders while serving as a role model and mentor.
* Helps manage team development.
* Inspires coworkers to attain goals and pursue excellence.
* Identifies opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change.
* Manages the process of innovative change effectively.
* Remains on the forefront of emerging industry practices.
* Consistently acknowledges and appreciates each team member's contributions.
* Effectively utilizes each team member to his/her fullest potential.
* Motivates team to work together in the most efficient manner.
* Keeps track of lessons learned and shares those lessons with team members.
* Mitigates team conflict and communication problems.
* Facilitates and suggests ways to motivate team-performance activities in or outside of the office.
Project Stakeholders Management
* Manages day-to-day interaction with project stakeholders.
* Sets and manages project stakeholder expectations.
* Develops lasting relationships with project team members, project stakeholders, and vendors / business partners.
* Communicates effectively with project stakeholders to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions.
* Builds a knowledge base of businesses and products in-scope for the project.
* Helps team execute career development plans.
* Seeks and participates in development opportunities above and beyond training required by the company / department.
* Suggests areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions.
* Reviews and prepare for approval of consultant’s team members' time reports in a timely manner.
* Reviews and prepare for approval of consulting company’s invoices in a timely manner.
* Reviews the status reports of team members and addresses issues as appropriate.
Qualified candidates will have the following experience.
* 5+ years experience managing medium-to-large scale IT projects
* Solid experience / knowledge of IT environments and projects
* Experience in Insurance Industry -Policy Administration Systems, CRM and BI preferred
* Experience managing .Net development projects. naging offshore development teams
* Experience in managing projects using Agile scrum delivery is preferred
* Experience supporting business critical production environments
In addition, the qualified candidates will have:
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* PMI Certification is a plus
* Knowledge of web technologies; portal technology, business intelligence, and CRM
* Degree is a plus
Aon offers competitive compensation, exceptional benefits, continuing education & training, a unique internal advancement program, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Aon's professionals are unwavering in their client focus and integrity. We promote diversity, professional development, frugality and stewardship, applying a disciplined non-bureaucratic approach to help our clients realize their business potential. Drawing on our experienced team as a competitive advantage, Aon employees have the freedom to take risks, foster innovation, champion for change and replicate best practices.
For more information about Aon Corporation, visit our website at http://www.aon.com.
Aon is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. M/F/D/V
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hatboro, Pennsylvania United States
Hatboro, PA United States