Account Executive, Construction Services Group Edmonton - Job ID 42146
Aon Corporation is the leading global provider of risk management services, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resource consulting and outsourcing. We work on two of the most critical issues today: Risk and People. Through its more than 59.000 colleagues worldwide, Aon delivers distinctive client value via innovative and effective risk management and workforce productivity solutions. The firms that are changing our world are Aon clients
Aon Reed Stenhouse is the Canadian risk management arm of Aon. In Canada, Aon Reed Stenhouse’s roots go back to 1850. We have a staff of over 1,300 insurance and risk management professionals in 26 offices across Canada and are the only international brokerage firm with full service offices in almost every province and territory.
Account Executive - Construction Services Group, Edmonton Job ID 42146
As an Account Executive, you are a member of our Edmonton Construction Services Group that develops, presents, and manages risk. This role is responsible for providing cover strategy, business planning advice, and detailed service plans in support of current accounts and prospective new growth.
Distinctive Client Value:
* Identifies specific client risk exposure and develops and presents innovative coverage solutions in support of existing and new business growth
* Collaborates with broker and marketing department to develop prospective client and renewal strategies and deliver appropriate coverage
* Develops and manages client relationships in order to increase penetration sales and cultivate new business opportunities
* Establish account specific service plans and delivery approaches which support coverage solutions and provide continued opportunity for Aon product/service exposure
* Provide leadership, mentoring and direction to the Account Coordinators and Associate Account Executives
* Leads by example by demonstrating and sharing with all lines of business the importance of best practice
Qualifications and Experience:
* Minimum of (3-5) years of insurance and/or industry experience;
* Experience and exposure in the construction industry would be an asset
* Proven business development and sales experience
* Understanding of accounting and financial analysis is an asset
* Ability to work at times both collaboratively as a key member of a team and independently
* Client relationship focused
* Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
* Strong organization skills and the ability to prioritize under pressure of competing deadlines
* Must have strong computer skills and be proficient with the Microsoft Office Package
Education and Professional Development:
* Post Secondary Degree or equivalent preferred;
* Canadian Accredited Insurance Broker (CAIB) 1 preferred;
* Level 1 License is an asset
* Commitment to ongoing learning and professional development including insurance courses/certifications (i.e. Canadian Accredited Insurance Broker (CAIB)/Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP)
Aon offers competitive compensation, exceptional benefits, continuing education and training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Aon's professionals are unwavering in their client focus and integrity. We promote professional development and apply a disciplined, non-bureaucratic approach to help our clients realize their business potential. Drawing on our experienced team as a competitive advantage, Aon employees have the freedom to take risks, foster innovation, and champion for change and replicate best practices.
Aon is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce.
For more information about Aon Corporation, visit our website at http://www.aon.com.