Delegated Investment Solution - Fund Management Lead
Aon Corporation is the leading global provider of risk management services, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resource consulting and outsourcing. We work on two of the most critical issues today: Risk and People. Through its more than 59,000 colleagues worldwide, Aon delivers distinctive client value via innovative and effective risk management and workforce productivity solutions. The firms that are changing our world are Aon Clients.
Aon Hewitt is the global leader in human capital consulting and outsourcing solutions. The company partners with organizations to solve their most complex benefits, talent and related financial challenges, and improve business performance. Aon Hewitt designs, implements, communicates and administers a wide range of human capital, retirement, investment management, health care, compensation and talent management strategies. With more than 29,000 professionals in 90 countries, Aon Hewitt makes the world a better place to work for clients and their employees.
Aon Hewitt provides execution of clients’ risk and asset management strategies in Canada through its Delegated Investment Solution. This position has overall Fund Management responsibilities for the Delegated Investment Solution inCanada.
* Evaluating a fund management structure for Canada that leverages existing structures in the US and UK;
* Responsible for build-out of fund management structure and oversight of program maintenance and evolution;
* Evaluating Portfolio Management system requirements and implement changes as required;
* Oversight of current fund managers;
* Identifying risks and implementing controls to mitigate;
* Documenting fund management procedures, educating staff, and leading a culture of compliance;
* Potential oversight of non-platform managers;
* As a member of the Management team, work to support existing client relationships;
* Tracking and maintaining relevant statistics for internal reporting and sales team support;
* Preparing reports for monthly Management Team meeting and quarterly Board meetings;
* Maintaining familiarity with the latest best practices thinking and evolving trends;
* Reviewing academic literature and professional publications for new ideas;
* Performing analysis to determine practical efficacy;
* Leading the Delegated fund management staff and their career development;
* Performing other duties as assigned.
Develops deep internal and external client relationships based on a proven history of identifying high value solutions for clients; capitalizes on the full range of applicable solutions for clients through keeping abreast of the full scope of Aon’s offerings.
Aligns team members’ efforts with goals of the business; encourages diverse perspectives through regular communication, feedback and reward systems; identifies team members’ developmental needs and career goals; and supports and rewards continuous learning. Works collaboratively across business units with various teams to deliver exceptional results; creates teams as needed and holds team members accountable.
Encourages brainstorming and creative thinking; holds others accountable for developing improved solutions or processes; establishes decision making processes among the team that allow for ideas from team members at any level to be heard and constructively debated.
Rewards effort and results; promotes and facilitates goal attainment by regularly monitoring progress against objectives and making resource allocation decisions to maximize effectiveness. Defines high level results to be achieved and provides guidance in process of outlining strategies/plans for achieving objectives.
Conveys pride in Aon’s business practices to clients, colleagues and community; makes a compelling business case for Aon’s values and holds self and others accountable to them.
The Company reserves the right to change these to comparable duties dependent on its future needs.
* Experience with, and strong understanding of, launching fund management solutions for the Canadian institutional (i.e., defined benefit pension fund) market;
* Strong knowledge of the regulatory framework for institutional fund management in Canada;
* Extensive understanding of, and experience working with, institutional fund managers;
* Knowledge of the competitive landscape for outsourced CIO/delegated investment consulting and multi-manager fund management inCanadaand other jurisdictions;
* Demonstrated ability to think strategically and implement changes/enhancements to processes and products;
* University degree with a specialization in Finance, Business Administration, Commerce or Mathematics;
* Over 10 years of progressive experience in a investment company environment;
* Good client relationship skills;
* Interest and aptitude for operational excellence;
* Strong people leadership skills;
* Detail and results-oriented; able to balance multiple priorities and work under tight deadlines;
* Strong interpersonal skills, a positive attitude combined with a great willingness to contribute to the success of Aon.
**This position can be based in Montreal or Toronto.
Aon offers competitive compensation, exceptional benefits, continuing education and training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Aon's professionals are unwavering in their client focus and integrity. We promote professional development and apply a disciplined, non-bureaucratic approach to help our clients realize their business potential. Drawing on our experienced team as a competitive advantage, Aon employees have the freedom to take risks, foster innovation, champion for change and replicate best practices.
Aon is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce.
For more information about Aon, visit www.aon.ca.