Aon Corporation is the leading global provider of risk management services, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resource consulting and outsourcing. We work on two of the most critical issues today: Risk and People. Through its more than 59,000 colleagues worldwide, Aon delivers distinctive client value via innovative and effective risk management and workforce productivity solutions. The firms that are changing our world are Aon Clients.
Aon Risk Solutions is the Canadian risk management arm of Aon. In Canada, Aon Risk Solutions roots go back to 1850. We have a staff of over 1,300 insurance and risk management professionals in 26 offices across Canada and are the only international brokerage firm with full service offices in almost every province and territory.
Distinctive Client Value
* Providing continuing (including post sales) customer service to new and existing clients, for the creation and renewal of policy documents and providing advice on policy changes.
* Responding quickly and accurately to product questions by maintaining full knowledge of features and benefits of products and services and seeking proactively, to stay informed of program changes.
* Analyzing customer inquiries and providing appropriate information on products/services ensuring a match between customer needs to insurance company’s products/services; converting a high percentage to sales.
* Handling portfolio of small-medium commercial and personal lines accounts (includes retailers, light manufacturing and professional offices).
* Servicing existing programs and responding to new business inquiries by analyzing and defining the risk exposure, and coverage required.
* Demonstrating confidence while on the phone with customers to manage any ambiguity in customer needs.
* Reviewing coverage(s) and recommending changes as necessary.
* Resolving customer concerns/complaints with authority limits, immediately and effectively while displaying professionalism and courtesy at all times.
* Referring complex/difficult customer complaints or inquiries to the appropriate team leader or supervisor as required.
* Assessing risks and obtaining all information needed to take an application, prepare quotations, calculate premiums, bind coverage and prepare documentation for billing.
* Processing related information/documentation in computer system.
* Contacting other departments to obtain information requested by customers e.g. claims.
* Maintaining quality controls, checking work for accuracy.
* May be required to process documents, including customer letters and invoices.
* Providing telephone coverage 100% if required log-on time.
* Ensuring the identified Key Performance Indicators are met on a regular basis.
* Meeting or exceeding 100% of established sales and service targets.
* Accurately inputting, retrieving and accessing information regarding a customer from a computer system.
* Attending and actively participating in all required training programs. Showing eagerness and capacity to learn new products and programs. Providing feedback and suggestions to Team Leaders/Trainers for program improvement.
Qualifications and Experience
* Ensuring the mandatory provincial licensing course is completed and the examination is passed successfully
* Ensure the mandatory product knowledge, soft skills and customer service training is completed successfully (all training will be provided in-house).
* Ensuring all insurance license(s) are in good standing and the continuing education hours required for maintaining the license(s) are met.
* Minimum high school diploma or equivalent work experience is required.
* Post secondary education is an asset.
* Minimum 1-2 years commercial and/or personal lines insurance experience.
* Complete fluency English in a business environment is a requirement for this position; fluency in French is an asset.
* Customer service orientation.
* Professional business acumen.
* Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
* Ability to work collaboratively as a key member of a service team.
* Comfortable working in a fast paced environment.
* 1 year customer service, sales experience (Retail, Consumer, Corporate).
* Competent keyboarding, computer and data entry skills.
* Possess strong communication skills with the ability to understand and implement verbal and/or written instructions.
* Accurate and efficient typing speed.
* Ability to deal with clients/customers in a friendly and professional manner.
* Ability to solve problems and think critically.
* Strong multi-tasking skills: speaking with the customer while researching information.
* Ability to exert confidence while speaking to customers.
* Flexibility in working hours is essential and punctuality is a must.
* Demonstrated ability to handle work under pressure.
Aon offers competitive compensation, exceptional benefits, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Aon's professionals are unwavering in their client focus and integrity. We promote professional development & apply a disciplined, non-bureaucratic approach to help our clients realize their business potential. Drawing on our experienced team as a competitive advantage, Aon employees have the freedom to take risk, foster innovation, champion for change and replicate best practices.
For more information about Aon Corporation, visit our website at www.aon.com/careers
Aon is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce.