Programmer Analyst Advanced (Virtual Associate Canada or US)
Virtual Associate (Canada or United States)
The Programmer Analyst Advanced (PAA) is responsible for converting client requirements into clear analysis artifacts and test plans. The PAA delivers analysis to create efficient batch processes and best meet the needs of our clients. The PAA supports the Programmer Analyst (PA) with programming and testing batch systems, and analyzes and amends complex system errors. The role provides coaching to PAs in both technical and business domain knowledge. The PAA is a role that requires strong technical expertise as well as analysis skills.
* Work with Domain Manager (DM) or Benefits Service Manager (BSM) to clarify requirements.
* Provide service specific expertise for batch analysis to create comprehensive analysis specifications, and incorporate recommended updates to analysis based on review.
* Design test plans (unit, integration, regression, acceptance) for batch centric tasks.
* Assist and coordinate in test planning with Systems Analysts (SAs) and Lead Systems Analysts (LSAs) for batch tasks with configuration (e.g., event flows, transactions).
* Incorporate updates to test plans based on review.
* Develop batch processes for mission critical, highly complex and urgent assignments.
* Deliver analysis and test plans to PAs for programming and testing work.
* Coach PAs on programming, testing, and defects.
* Review analysis and test plan documentation updates and evaluate the results of the test execution.
* Support production jobs through burn in period, ensure successful completion of critical batch jobs, and resolve production issues when notified.
* Provide technical expertise with internal and external users regarding interfaces or batch process.
Formal Education & Certification
* Bachelor's degree (with preferred concentrations in Math, Actuarial Science, Finance, Computer Science, Economics, MIS) or equivalent work experience.
* 3-5 years related work experience (2-3 years at Hewitt in Programmer Analyst role).
All positions require an applicant who has accepted an offer to undergo a background check. The checks run are based on the nature of the position. Background checks may include some or all of the following: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. By applying for a position with Aon Hewitt, you understand that you will be required to undergo a background check should you be made an offer. You also understand that the offer is contingent upon successful completion of the background check and results consistent with Aon Hewitt's employment policies. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Toronto, Ontario Canada
Toronto, ON Canada