Sr Associate, Pension Administration
Aon Corporation is the leading global provider of risk management services, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resource consulting and outsourcing. We work on two of the most critical issues today: Risk and People. Through its more than 59,000 colleagues worldwide, Aon delivers distinctive client value via innovative and effective risk management and workforce productivity solutions. The firms that are changing our world are Aon Clients.
Aon Hewitt is the global leader in human capital consulting and outsourcing solutions. The company partners with organizations to solve their most complex benefits, talent and related financial challenges, and improve business performance. Aon Hewitt designs, implements, communicates and administers a wide range of human capital, retirement, investment management, health care, compensation and talent management strategies. With more than 29,000 professionals in 90 countries, Aon Hewitt makes the world a better place to work for clients and their employees.
The Associate is expected to conduct routine technical support and advice related to consulting assignments. Their practice responsibilities in addition to the foregoing will include conducting, researching, gathering, and compiling information and data, and producing basic tools to resolve client issues.
The incumbent will require the ability to perform all functions necessary to ensure the continuous efficient operation of our clients' pension plan arrangements.
* Calculate, peer review and authorize benefit entitlements on retirement, termination, death and marriage breakdown;
* Year-end update of plan records, including the reconciliation of the membership, contributions and trust fund;
* Calculation and review of PAs, PSPAs and PARs and preparation of applicable filing forms;
* Preparation and review of annual pension statements;
* Read and interpret pension plan texts;
* Quality control of year-end data input and verification of computer output;
* Communication with clients regarding data, administration, and interpretation of pension plan text;
* Preparation, review and filing of government forms including Annual Information Return, Form 7 and PBGF forms;
* Attend client meeting in technical support role;
* Liaise with trust company and plan auditors;
* Maintenance of client records; and
* Other duties as required.
Qualifications and Experience:
* Minimum of 2+ years working with Defined Benefit pension plans preferred;
* Previous work experience calculating complex benefit entitlements on retirement, termination, death and marriage breakdown;
* Previous work experience calculating and reporting PAs, PSPAs and PARs;
* Knowledge of related provincial and federal pension legislation and Income Tax Act provisions;
* Basic accounting skills to reconcile pension fund receipts and disbursements;
* Good oral and written communication skills and ability to work in a team environment;
* Ability to verify in-house administration system output;
* Mathematical aptitude with some understanding of actuarial principles and interest theory;
* Detail-oriented with sound pension administration and organizational skills;
* Advanced Excel and a thorough knowledge of Word;
* Client-service attitude; and
* Other assets include fluency in French, a relevant degree and the completion of CEBS, PPAC, CHRP or actuarial courses.
Aon offers competitive compensation, exceptional benefits, continuing education and training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Aon's professionals are unwavering in their client focus and integrity. We promote professional development and apply a disciplined, non-bureaucratic approach to help our clients realize their business potential. Drawing on our experienced team as a competitive advantage, Aon employees have the freedom to take risks, foster innovation, champion for change and replicate best practices.
Aon is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce.
For more information about Aon, visit www.aon.ca