Director of Pension Administration
HR Outsourcing Services
A Director of Pension Administration is accountable for the overall management of the Pension client services and the colleagues within their delivery group. The Director serves as the "single point of accountability" for Pension delivery with client(s) and internally. They are accountable for meeting or exceeding the client's pension delivery expectations to ensure satisfaction, and the retention and future expansion of business. The Director is also responsible for team and financial performance. For new client relationships, the Director is responsible for establishing the client relationships prior to live date, as well as preparing for the ongoing environment.
* Responsible for Pension Delivery of a large (60,000 + member) Pension administration client.
* Manage client relationship with Senior level Pension contacts.
* Lead a team of 20 + colleagues. Including both administration and technical resources.
* Manages client's benefits delivery budget, forecast and variance reporting.
* Oversees and approves accurate fee quotes for one-time projects; captures out-of-scope work, collaborates with the account representatives to recover revenue.
* Monitors associate performance to ensure results are achieved in an effective/efficient way
* Conducts necessary performance management conversations with colleagues; uses tools and resources available internally to managers.
Formal Education & Certification
Advanced degree preferred; Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required.
Knowledge & Experience
* Deep Canadian Pension knowledge (8 -10+ years) and experience
* Experience managing (8-10 + years) complex client relationships (including, but not limited to, client operations/relationships that may have larger/more complex scope).
* Expert Project Management experience required (8-10+ years) including proficient project planning and execution skills.
* Strong financial accumen.
* HR experience required.
* Benefits Administration knowledge highly desirable; experience in specific area of responsibility preferred (Employee Benefit Outsourcing-annual enrollment, employee benefit plans).
* Proficient in coaching others (minimum 1 1/2-2+ years of experience) and experience coaching/leading other managers and peers in certain efforts or operational activities.
* Excellent interpersonal skills and verbal and written communication skills; the ability to liaise and partner with people outside of the HR function
* Proficient relationship management and customer-focus skills and the ability to coach, lead, and leverage other managers and peers in these skills.
* Proficient analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to coach, lead, and leverage other managers and peers in these skills.
All positions require an applicant who has accepted an offer to undergo a background check. The checks run are based on the nature of the position. Background checks may include some or all of the following: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. By applying for a position with Aon Hewitt, you understand that you will be required to undergo a background check should you be made an offer. You also understand that the offer is contingent upon successful completion of the background check and results consistent with Aon Hewitt's employment policies. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Toronto, Ontario Canada
Toronto, ON Canada