This role is instrumental in providing automated systems integration capabilities to the Aon Hewitt CBA platform. It requires a mixture of analysis and development activities paired with hands on and collaborative work with requirements analysts. Experience with other enterprise integration systems such as Biztalk or Informatica are a plus. Technical exposure through requirements, QA or development software lifecycles are also a plus.
DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT
* Hands on design and development of software applications/systems and projects
* Ability to accurately translate business requirements into functional implementations
* Document implementation based on standards set by department
* Establish or update standards as required by departmental needs
* Responsible for overall quality of assigned software applications and projects
* Demonstrate that software and projects meet business requirements based on standards set by department.
* Demonstrate that software and projects meet quality requirements based on standards set by department.
* Responsible for ongoing maintenance of assigned and unassigned applications and projects
* Enhance applications based on new/changing business requirements
* Report, research, correct, and test defects in applications
* BS or BA degree in computer science or related field or equivalent experience
* Experience with a high level development language (including XML, VB, C, C++ and/or Java).
* XML experience preferred
* Database experience preferred
* Organized and detail oriented
* Team oriented but able to self motivate and direct
* Efficient and productive with their time
* Able to clearly communicate and inform team members of status, progress and challenges
* Capable of problem identification and resolution
* Able to learn from others and adapt to standards
* Able to express complex technical concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing
Candidates must be currently authorized to work for any employer in the U.S. (third party vendors or visa transfers will not be accepted for this role).
All positions require an applicant who has accepted an offer to undergo a background check. The checks run are based on the nature of the position. Background checks may include some or all of the following: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. By applying for a position with Aon Hewitt, you understand that you will be required to undergo a background check should you be made an offer. You also understand that the offer is contingent upon successful completion of the background check and results consistent with Aon Hewitt's employment policies. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon Hewitt is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Diversity, M/F/D/V
Hunt Valley, Maryland United States
Hunt Valley, MD United States