Calc Engine Specialist DB
HR Outsourcing Services
The Calc Engine Specialist (CES) is responsible for configuring (programming) and testing Hewitt's Calc Engine pension calculation system to meet the needs of Hewitt clients. CESs use proprietary systems and tools to program and test the pension calculation system and help validate, verify, communicate, and resolve systems/software application issues.
* Review and analyze Calc Engine analysis specifications, business requirements and plan provisions to prepare for configuration of system.
* Complete written methodology detailing steps to be included in the coding of calculations.
* Program/code Calc Engine system to meet analysis specifications. Perform informal testing of code to ensure the majority of the population is considered.
* Create and execute test scripts, cases, and scenarios to ensure applications meet business requirements fulfill end-user requirements, and identify systems issues.
* Analyze formal test results in order to discover and resolve defects, configuration issues, and interoperability flaws.
* Produce and maintain reports and documentation for configuration analysis, technical specifications, and testing activities.
* Provide ongoing support and maintenance of Calc Engine system.
Formal Education & Certification
* Bachelor's degree (with preferred concentrations in Math, Actuarial Science, Finance, Computer Science, MIS) or equivalent work experience.
* 0-3 years related work experience preferred.
Knowledge & Experience
* Exposure to system testing and software quality assurance best practices and methodologies.
* Experience with testing methodologies and tools.
* Exposure to project-based work structures.
* Ability to interpret and understand conditional statements (i.e., If/Then/Else) and debug complex calculations in Excel spreadsheets.
* Knowledge of project management tools and methodologies including project tracking and status reporting.
* Knowledge of basic System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) principles.
* Ability to troubleshoot system defects and errors.
* Knowledge and use of relational databases and various mainframe tools
All positions require an applicant who has accepted an offer to undergo a background check. The checks run are based on the nature of the position. Background checks may include some or all of the following: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. By applying for a position with Aon Hewitt, you understand that you will be required to undergo a background check should you be made an offer. You also understand that the offer is contingent upon successful completion of the background check and results consistent with Aon Hewitt's employment policies. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Toronto, Ontario Canada
Toronto, ON Canada