Aon Corporation is the leading global provider of risk management services, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resource consulting and outsourcing. We work on two of the most critical issues today: Risk and People. Through its more than 59,000 colleagues worldwide, Aon delivers distinctive client value via innovative and effective risk management and workforce productivity solutions. The firms that are changing our world are Aon Clients.
Aon Risk Solutions is the Canadian risk management arm of Aon. In Canada, Aon Risk Solutions roots go back to 1850. We have a staff of over 1,300 insurance and risk management professionals in 26 offices across Canada and are the only international brokerage firm with full service offices in almost every province and territory.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsible for directing Aon financial accounting and reporting activities within Canada to ensure compliance with all internal and external requirement. This individual will play a leading role in directing finance change initiatives within Canada and in support of the global controllers organization focused on delivering best in class processes and control within an optimized cost-structure. An important element of this position is partnering and interaction with the business leaders, functional leaders and business finance teams providing financial support for both on-going business and the development of new opportunities.
Specific responsibilities include:
* Provide strategic and tactical leadership over the direct operations of the accounting organization, including general accounting, premium accounting, payroll and benefits, accounts payable, treasury and tax accounting. Focus on effective utilization of processes and systems to ensure appropriate controls while driving process improvements.
* Develop the accounting team meet the goals of the organization and to support the ongoing change initiatives. Focus on employee/team development and succession planning.
* Ensure an effective internal control environment withinCanadaincluding strong SOx program.
* Drive enhanced balance sheet review and analysis, implementing detailed quality account reconciliation reviews with business and corporate organizations.
* Partner with the business finance leads on developing the strategic vision for the finance organization, including prioritization of critical business and control initiatives.
* Liaison with local and global tax team to improve corporate and vat reporting, enhance compliance and support audit requirements. Participate with the execution of strategic tax planning initiatives.
* Support the global shared service initiatives within Canada, focusing on consistent accounting and reporting processes across, finance, hr, it, legal and compliance.
* Support projects including legal entity rationalization. M&A activities, participating in due diligence and integration of acquired entities.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
This role requires an experienced energetic accounting and finance executive with a strong accounting and process background who is able influence others across a matrixed organization structure. This individual will have proven management and leadership abilities and leadership abilities and superior interpersonal and communications skills. The successful candidate must be hand-on with the capacity to get into the details, as well as have an understanding of the broader business and strategic issues faced by management and the business.
Key skills include:
* Undergraduate Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, MBA a plus
* CA/CPA preferred
* 15 years of experience in a combination of Controller type roles along with public accounting experience
* Results Driven – Must be a strategic thinker with the ability to translate the vision into actionable, quantitative plans. Ability to set clear and measurable performance plans, rigorously monitor progress against such plans, and link action to business priorities.
* Energy / Endurance – Shows passion, energy / endurance, intensity and excitement, maintaining focus while juggling multiple priorities.
* Team Building – Ability to influence other and forge strong diverse teams of people with multiple perspective and talents. Inspire commitment, motivates and energies others toward a common goal. Respect others ideas in the workplace and fosters collaboration among colleagues. Celebrates the success of others and develops effective delegation.
* Developing and Leveraging Relationships – Able to build and sustain excellent relationships at multiple levels in the workplace. Leverages cross functional / business skills set and influences others, particularly in a matrixed environment.
* Communication / Interpersonal Skills – Must be highly articulate and able to make arguments in a compelling manner. Accessible, a good listener and visible to others.
* Integrity – Accts with integrity above all else. Demonstrates a clear commitment to the highest standards of professional and personal conduct, and holds others to the same standard. Has moral courage and is an important role model.
The position will report to the North Americas Controller
Aon offers competitive compensation, exceptional benefits, continuing education and training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Aon's professionals are unwavering in their client focus and integrity. We promote professional development and apply a disciplined, non-bureaucratic approach to help our clients realize their business potential. Drawing on our experienced team as a competitive advantage, Aon employees have the freedom to take risks, foster innovation, champion for change and replicate best practices.
Aon is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce.
For more information about Aon, visit www.aon.com/careers