HR Manager, Talent Development (Learning Manager)
Aon Corporation is the leading global provider of risk management services, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resource consulting and outsourcing. We work on two of the most critical issues today: Risk and People. Through its more than 59,000 colleagues worldwide, Aon delivers distinctive client value via innovative and effective risk management and workforce productivity solutions. The firms that are changing our world are Aon Clients.
The creation of the Canada Learning Manager role reflects the move to a global model that supports:
- Aon’s Unmatched Talent Strategy;
- The development of Canada specific professional development programs across all of Aon’s business units;
-The consistent deployment of Aon’s Signature and Career Track programs.
The Canada Learning Manager will report to the Head of Global Leadership Development; be responsible for consulting with Canada leadership and HR on professional skills development strategy; and oversee deployment of both global and Canada-specific professional development programs.
* Serve as the main point of contact for professional development in Canada.
* Work closely with Global Program Managers to ensure successful delivery of Signature, Professional (ATOM and CSM) and Diversity & Inclusion programs in Canada.
* Consult with Canada HR Colleagues and business stakeholders to ensure their engagement in the Leadership Development strategy.
* Work closely with Aon U Operations team to ensure successful deployment of virtual programs, as appropriate.
* Facilitate sessions as necessary.
* Manage and direct work of Program Coordinator to ensure successful delivery of programs.
* Direct work of Instructional Designer, as appropriate.
* Secure dates and location for programs.
* Secure facilitator.
* Develop/maintain annual calendar of offerings in Canada.
* Support program communication plans.
* Work with vendors for facilities and contractors, as necessary.
* 5+ years’ experience in similar role;
* Bachelors Degree required; Master's degree preferred;
* Proven successful delivery of Learning & Development programs;
* Strong business acumen;
* Proven project management skills;
* Strong written and verbal communication skills;
* Ability to navigate and work effectively in a matrix environment;
* Bilingual (English and French) would be a strong asset.
Aon offers competitive compensation, exceptional benefits, continuing education and training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Aon's professionals are unwavering in their client focus and integrity. We promote professional development and apply a disciplined, non-bureaucratic approach to help our clients realize their business potential. Drawing on our experienced team as a competitive advantage, Aon employees have the freedom to take risks, foster innovation, champion for change and replicate best practices.
Aon is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce.
For more information about Aon, visit www.aon.com/careers.