HR Business Partner and Strategist
Aon Corporation is the leading global provider of risk management services, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resource consulting and outsourcing. We work on two of the most critical issues today: Risk and People. Through its more than 59,000 colleagues worldwide, Aon delivers distinctive client value via innovative and effective risk management and workforce productivity solutions. The firms that are changing our world are Aon Clients.
Location: Toronto or Montreal
Aon is looking for a dynamic HR Leader with strong business acumen, passionate about building winning strategies and relationships that fuel the organizations success!
As an HR Business Partner and Strategist you will be the lead HR consultant to business leaders and their respective senior leadership teams. You will have responsibility for the full spectrum of Aon's HR portfolio, identifying HR solutions and the strategies needed to support business results and growth.
Senior HR Consultant and Business Partner
* Creates trusted relationships with leaders.
* Demonstrates an in-depth understanding of Aon's overall business model and how to consult to HR programs within the context of results and performance.
* Creates cohesive and effective partnerships with aligned HR Functional Leaders in support of business.
HR Portfolio and Project Manager
Develops a broad understanding of all Aon HR Programs and is responsible for execution of all major HR initiatives within aligned business group on both an annual and ad-hoc basis. Specifically this includes:
* Annual Pay Review Cycle(s)
* Performance Planning Process
* Global Talent Management Review
* Promotion Process and Review
* Annual Engagement Analysis and Review
* Implementation of any new or updated HR initiative
* Workforce Planning Initiatives
* Liaison between Business and HR Connect
Build and Develop Organizational Capabilities (Talent Management/Organizational Consulting)
* Partners with business leaders in support of development and retention efforts to ensure we have the capability to maintain and grow our business.
* Acts as coach and mentor to leaders and high performing associates as it pertains to their overall career development and progression.
* Works with leaders to ensure performance management is being effectively employed in support of our high performance culture.
* Partners with Talent Acquisition and business to assess needs and workforce planning strategies.
* Partners with the Global Talent Team on initiatives supporting Manager and Leadership Development.
* Help to deepen cross cultural competence in Leaders and their groups through support of training efforts and diversity councils, as well as through the consideration of cross cultural impact to business decisions.
* Educate and influence leaders to adapt quickly to organizational and segment specific shifts in direction; consider impacts on business unit and partner with leaders on communication and execution of outcomes needed to adjust to new state.
* Provide thought leadership - related to strategic delivery and based on unique on the ground perspective - to segment or company wide teams preparing change management plans for major talent-related initiatives.
FORMAL EDUCATION & CERTIFICATION QUALIFICATIONS:
* Bachelor's degree
* SPHR, CHRP, or GPHR desired
* MBA or MS in Human Resources strongly preferred
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
* 15+ years professional HR experience (experience in generalist, specialist, and client-facing roles preferred).
* Provide guidance on the entire HR Portfolio with an integrated, global perspective.
* Demonstrated ability to consult, influence and partner with senior leaders in developing/executing people strategies to drive business performance.
* Solid relationship management skills at all levels of the organization.
* Possesses strong business and financial acumen.
* Experience managing complex projects (global HR project management highly desired).
* Successful at resolving complex HR issues. Has a working knowledge of employment law for the largest countries in which Aon operates and current HR trends; ability to use such knowledge proactively in consulting with clients.
* Consult on application of policy and process as well as trends, themes, and solutions.
* Anticipate changes required within the business and to drive such changes in partnership with business leaders.
* Advanced verbal and written communication skills, especially with senior level leaders.
* Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Lotus Notes.
* Knowledge and experience using PeopleSoft (desirable but not required).
* Facilitate training sessions virtually and in person for both managerial and leadership audiences.
* Build cost/benefit analysis to justify investment in HR and people strategies.
* Coach and mentor HRCC and less senior HRAs.
* The person in this role can be based in either Toronto or Montreal.
* Minimal travel required.
All positions require an applicant who has accepted an offer to undergo a background check. The checks run are based on the nature of the position. Background checks may include some or all of the following: education verification, employment verification, criminal check, Denied Restricted Parties Lists or OFAC lists check, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. By applying for a position with Aon Associates, you understand that you will be required to undergo a background check should you be made an offer. You also understand that the offer is contingent upon successful completion of the background check and results consistent with Aon's employment policies. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Diversity, M/F/D/V