Senior Counsel Investment Consulting
Aon Hewitt, a subsidiary of Aon Corporation, is seeking an attorney experienced with investment advisor and/or investment manager issues to support its SEC-registered investment advisor business and other consulting practices. Join a dynamic and growing law division and work with an exceptionally good team.
Job Summary and Responsibilities:
This attorney's primary role and responsibility will be the provision of day-to-day counsel to Aon Hewitt's Investment Consulting business on general commercial contracting, regulatory compliance and dispute resolution matters.
The attorney will:
· Draft and negotiate various types of commercial agreements relating to the Investment Consulting business (such as service agreements and consulting agreements);
· Be a strategic partner with the Investment Consulting business team as it works to develop new product and service offerings;
· Provide the Investment Consulting business team with advice on regulatory issues;
· Be expected to demonstrate meaningful, "hands-on" experience applying the 1940 Investment Advisory Act, and all associated rules and regulations, to transactional, regulatory and dispute-related issues;
· Provide support and advice on matters relating to certain financial offerings in Aon Hewitt's Outsourcing line of business;
· Liaise with senior business partners, compliance, operations, client support teams and other in-house counsel.
· Prior background must include at least six years of experience as an attorney in a law firm, or with an investment advisor, working for clients subject to regulation under the Investment Advisors Act of 1940 and/or the Investment Company Act of 1940.
· The attorney should have a strong understanding of the regulatory issues involving investment advisor and/or investment managers and be able to demonstrate proficiency with conducting regulatory analysis and providing compliance guidance.
· Experience with securities brokerage and/or transfer agency services is preferred; experience with the corporate secretary and/or compliance functions under the Investment Company Act is a plus.
· Strong legal and analytical skills with a creative mind set and a demonstrated ability to work on time-sensitive projects;
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work independently or as a member of a team.
· Position also requires the ability to successfully collaborate and partner with other in-house attorneys at Aon Hewitt and affiliated Aon Corporation business units. Licensed in good standing to practice law in the State of Illinois.
· Ability to gather facts from various sources and take initiative to get information that is not provided.
· Subscribes to trusted advisor/strategic partner/collaborative operating model.
· Possesses qualities such as integrity, professionalism, leadership, judgment, initiative, follow-through, strong work ethic, reliability, strategic thinking, ability to execute flawlessly, ability to work independently, project management skills, relationship skills, team player and respectful of others.
· Has a keen awareness of the regulatory environment and brings a proactive approach to the position.
· Has confidence in decision-making and the ability to make good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, experience and judgment.
· Is comfortable with a high degree of responsibility.
All positions require an applicant who has accepted an offer to undergo a background check. The checks run are based on the nature of the position. Background checks may include some or all of the following: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. By applying for a position with Aon Hewitt, you understand that you will be required to undergo a background check should you be made an offer. You also understand that the offer is contingent upon successful completion of the background check and results consistent with Aon Hewitt's employment policies. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon Hewitt is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Diversity, M/F/D/V
Lincolnshire, Illinois United States
Lincolnshire, IL United States