Sr. PeopleSoft Payroll IT Implementation Analyst Virtual
Please note: This is a Virtual role and the right candidate can be located anywhere within the U.S. to perform the required responsibilities.
The PeopleSoft IT Implementation Business Analyst role is responsible for participating in client requirements sessions, documenting detailed business technical requirements for processes, customizations/interfaces/ reports, reviewing technical design documents, reviewing test scenarios and scripts, and participating in all phases of testing, including execution of analyst testing.
* Understand the business issues and data challenges of client organization.
* Define and document the qualitative and/or quantitative assessment of client current state.
Requirements Gathering, Documentation, & Analysis:
* Participate in client requirement meetings to elicit and understand the client's needs/requirements.
* Define and prioritize business requirements to shape the scope of the development effort.
* Identify any requirements which deviate from the standard Aon Hewitt delivery model and manage these through the appropriate change control processes.
* Review and validate client requirements based on domain knowledge/expertise and understanding of the client's business process and challenges.
* Understand business requirements to convert them into product/system specifications that fully represent the client requirements and the project requirements.
* Create business requirements and functional specification documents for customizations, interfaces, and reports.
Design, Development, & Support:
* Transfer the business need and requirements to the development team by supporting them 'hands-on' during the development phase.
* Review test plans, test cases to ensure that all requirements are covered, and the documents are thorough.
* Create and execute analyst testing scenarios to ensure accuracy of system.
* Support and manage IAT and UAT activity in conjunction with the test team.
* Act as a resource throughout the life of a project to the Development and Testing Teams to clarify the requirements, and manage any requirements changes resulting from development issues or business issues.
Project Planning, Tracking, & Reporting:
* Work with the Delivery Lead/DM/SDM to identify dependencies, opportunities, risks, costs, timelines, and assists with the creation of the delivery plan.
* Work with the Business Sponsor and Delivery Manager to determine if a change is made as part of the current project or as a later addition.
* Identify root causes of delivery issues (e.g., system edits, manual processes, patterns in workflows, repeat calls etc.).
* Take a strong lead in working with the client team to understand areas of process improvement and develop solutions.
* Recommend process improvements and identify opportunities to define/follow standard operating procedures.
* Bachelor/Masters Degree in Engineering or Computer Applications or relevant business experience.
Knowledge & Experience:
* 4+ years of PeopleSoft WFA and Payroll experience.
* Experience gathering requirements via workshops and interviews and delivering the requirements documents.
* Experience creating use case models.
* Experience working with a standard development process (e.g., AHTPL).
* Experience with process reengineering.
* Experience with Implementation of HR support applications preferred.
* Office work environment Location: Virtual or Aon Hewitt Office Location.
* 25% of travel - Dependent on project assignment. Could be up to 50% travel during requirements phase.
* Occasional evening/weekend work to meet deadlines.
* Frequent computer use at workstations up to two hours at a time or for extended periods of time.
* Mobility within the office including movement from floor to floor.
* Participation in training sessions, presentations, and meetings.
All positions require an applicant who has accepted an offer to undergo a background check. The checks run are based on the nature of the position. Background checks may include some or all of the following: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. By applying for a position with Aon Hewitt, you understand that you will be required to undergo a background check should you be made an offer. You also understand that the offer is contingent upon successful completion of the background check and results consistent with Aon Hewitt's employment policies. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon Hewitt is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Diversity, M/F/D/V
Chicago, Illinois United States
Chicago, IL United States