Health & Benefits Proposal Project Manager
We currently have an exciting career opportunity for a Health & Benefits Proposal Project Manager. This position will support Aon’s Health and Benefits group. The role can be located in Chicago or Lincolnshire, IL or Dallas, or St. Louis, MO or virtual.
The Health & Benefits Proposal Project Manager will lead collaborative, integrated proposal teams to plan, develop, produce, and deliver all proposal deliverables required by the solicitation; and be able to provide hands-on management of the entire proposal development processes, including but not limited to: identification of development of outlines, completion of writing assignments, monitoring time lines, editing, and ensuring compliance with the Aon brand.
The proposal manager/writer will work with colleagues within the ARS-US Health & Benefits Practice, as well as practice sales teams and Subject Matter Experts, to ensure that proposals reflect the best technical, management, and support offerings that Aon can make in response to RFPs. This position reports to the leader of APEx (Aon Presentation Excellence), which reports through Aon Risk Solutions’ account management practice.
The project manager is expected to assist in achieving local sales goals via execution of the core responsibilities of the position; which focus on responding to offensive (new business) and defensive (retention / jeopardy) requests for proposal (RFPs):
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Lead project management efforts for the RFP response process.
* Organize and lead proposal meetings and discovery meetings (where applicable) to ensure a response strategy is established and implemented
* Provide direction for the preparation of the proposal to achieve a response that is in line with the defined strategy
* Work with consultants and subject matter experts to develop proposal content
* Write, revise, proofread, and transmit proposals in response to RFPs specific to client situation.
* Engage in presentation strategy planning, recommendation of content and strategies to increase team success in finalist meetings.
* Continue to develop a practical and working knowledge of our HR consulting services and technology.
* Identify trends and engage in process improvement efforts centrally and nationally where necessary
* BA required; focus in Marketing, Communications, Management, English, or Journalism preferred.
* 3 to 5 years professional work experience in a sales writing environment, or 5 to 7 years writing experience outside of the sales environment.
* Professional services sales support expertise greatly preferred
* Strong background in creating communication material, including the development of original written material and the effective editing of written proposal and presentation content
* Strong knowledge related to HR and Benefits concepts preferred
* Advanced knowledge of Word, PowerPoint, Proposal Management Software (Sant, Kadient, Qvidian, etc); Basic PowerPoint skills
Aon offers competitive compensation, exceptional benefits, continuing education & training, a unique internal advancement program, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
All positions at Aon require an applicant who has accepted an offer to undergo a background check. The checks run are based on the nature of the position. Background checks may include some or all of the following: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that you will be required to undergo a background check should you be made an offer. You also understand that the offer is contingent upon successful completion of the background check and results consistent with Aon 's employment policies. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon's professionals are unwavering in their client focus and integrity. We promote diversity, professional development, frugality and stewardship, applying a disciplined non-bureaucratic approach to help our clients realize their business potential. Drawing on our experienced team as a competitive advantage, Aon employees have the freedom to take risks, foster innovation, champion for change and replicate best practices.
For more information about Aon Corporation, visit our website at http://www.aon.com.
Aon is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. M/F/D/V
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Chicago, Illinois United States
Chicago, IL United States