Health and Welfare Systems Analyst
The Systems Analyst (SA) is responsible for the conversion of client requirements into analysis artifacts and the design of test plans. The SA delivers clear analysis, test plans, and standard operating procedures which accurately reflect the technical capacities of the system and address the requirements of the client. The SA is also responsible for coordinating and coaching other team members (i.e., Setup Analysts) on system configuration and test execution of the technology platform. This can include new client implementation, an extension of services for a client, or an enhancement of current services.
* Convert, update, and maintain client requirements according to comprehensive analysis specifications.
* Design, update, and deliver unit, integration, regression, and acceptance test plans.
* Coordinate and coach Setup Analysts on the configuration and testing of the technology platform.
* Assist with the deployment (or migration) of new system updates into the production environment.
* Work with the Domain Manager and the Benefits Service Manager to clarify requirements.
* Provide service specific expertise for data, foundation, and systems analysis in the creation of analysis specifications and incorporate recommended updates to analysis based on review.
* Perform cloning activities based on analysis specifications and build strategy.
* Design test plans (unit, integration, regression, acceptance) and incorporate recommended updates into test plans.
* Coach team members on configuration, testing, and defect management.
* Coach team members on technical and proprietary tools required to configure, test, debug, monitor, and report on system specifications.
* Review analysis and test plan documentation and evaluate the results of test execution.
* Coordinate the work of aligned setup analysts, monitor task completion, and communicate team schedule and status.
* Support production environment (defects and trends) and execute workflow and defect management.
* Create and maintain standard operating procedures.
Formal Education & Certification
* Bachelor's degree (with preferred concentrations in Math, Actuarial Science, Finance, Computer Science, Economics, MIS) or equivalent work experience.
* 3-5 years related work experience.
Knowledge & Experience
* Knowledge of system capabilities and functionality.
* Experience with project-based work structures, project lifecycle models, etc.
* Experience in the development and implementation of software solutions.
* Experience as Setup Configuration Analyst or equivalent work experience.
* Experience with benefits administration in Health Management (HM).
* Demonstrated competence with basic event flow configuration and testing.
* Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
* Ability to conduct research into application development issues and products.
* Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
* Ability to translate client requirements and/or legislation into system specifications and test plans.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Excellent listening and interpersonal skills.
* Highly self-motivated and directed.
* Keen attention to detail.
* Able to prioritize and execute tasks in time-sensitive situations.
* Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
* Occasional evening and weekend work to meet deadlines.
* Frequent computer use at workstation up to two hours at a time or for extended periods of time.
* Access information using a computer and related components and peripherals.
* Participation in training sessions, presentations, and meetings.
* Occasional travel may be required.
All positions require an applicant who has accepted an offer to undergo a background check. The checks run are based on the nature of the position. Background checks may include some or all of the following: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. By applying for a position with Aon Hewitt, you understand that you will be required to undergo a background check should you be made an offer. You also understand that the offer is contingent upon successful completion of the background check and results consistent with Aon Hewitt's employment policies. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Toronto, Ontario Canada
Toronto, ON Canada