Associate, Disability Management
Aon Corporation is the leading global provider of risk management services, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resource consulting and outsourcing. We work on two of the most critical issues today: Risk and People. Through its more than 59,000 colleagues worldwide, Aon delivers distinctive client value via innovative and effective risk management and workforce productivity solutions. The firms that are changing our world are Aon Clients.
Aon Hewitt is the global leader in human capital consulting and outsourcing solutions. The company partners with organizations to solve their most complex benefits, talent and related financial challenges, and improve business performance. Aon Hewitt designs, implements, communicates and administers a wide range of human capital, retirement, investment management, health care, compensation and talent management strategies. With more than 29,000 professionals in 90 countries, Aon Hewitt makes the world a better place to work for clients and their employees.
We are currently searching for a Disability Associate who will support our Integrated Absence Solutions team in the day-to-day claims management process of short term disability case management, and provide consultative guidance to clients:
* Manage disability claims in a proactive manner to facilitate and promote an early and safe return to work
* Conduct case assessments, contacting the employee and their direct manager by telephone to explain the disability management process and gather information for assessment purposes
* Develop case management plan
* Contact treating physician or health care providers (oral and written) to obtain additional medical information on employee medical condition
* Participate in client meetings to review claim status
* Communicate proactively with the employer’s HR representative regarding any case management issues that may impact the workplace and RTW planning
* Update information in claims management system and run client' reports as requested
* Coordinate resources to support the employee’s recovery and promote his/her return to work
* Manage the transition to LTD to ensure a seamless transition
* Coordination with Worker’s Compensation services as required.
* Other projects and tasks as assigned
Qualifications and Experience:
* Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
* Health care back ground would be an asset as well as any additional course work in occupational health, rehabilitation, legislation related to disability management, helping relationship skills, mediation, human resource management, disability insurance, and mental disorders
* Proficiency with MS Office, Microsoft Excel, Lotus Notes, Internet, and other related computer applications
* Strong interpersonal and helping skills
* Attention to detail, initiative and dynamism
* Strong communication skills both written and oral
* Bilingual (English and French) would be an asset
* Worker’s Compensation experience would be an asset
Aon offers competitive compensation, exceptional benefits, continuing education and training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Aon's professionals are unwavering in their client focus and integrity. We promote professional development and apply a disciplined, non-bureaucratic approach to help our clients realize their business potential. Drawing on our experienced team as a competitive advantage, Aon employees have the freedom to take risks, foster innovation, champion for change and replicate best practices.
Aon is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce.
For more information about Aon, visit www.aon.ca