Aon Corporation is the leading global provider of risk management services, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resource consulting and outsourcing. We work on two of the most critical issues today: Risk and People. Through its more than 59,000 colleagues worldwide, Aon delivers distinctive client value via innovative and effective risk management and workforce productivity solutions. The firms that are changing our world are Aon Clients.
Aon Risk Solutions is the Canadian risk management arm of Aon. In Canada, Aon Risk Solutions roots go back to 1850. We have a staff of over 1,300 insurance and risk management professionals in 26 offices across Canada and are the only international brokerage firm with full service offices in almost every province and territory.
As a Broker, you will negotiate with Underwriters for the best terms, conditions and competitive pricing for existing and new clients. This role is responsible for verifying that all policies and documentation for accuracy in accordance with terms and conditions.
Distinctive Client Value:
* Collaborates with Account Executive to develop coverage strategy and marketing initiatives for renewal and prospective business;
* Analyzes client specific risk exposure and details coverage requirements; prepares and presents marketing proposals for renewals and new business;
* Negotiate, establish, and maintain strong relationships with the underwriting community for the ultimate benefit of the client;
* Follows up with insurer to confirm terms of negotiated contract are met;
* Approves documentation for new contracts, policy changes, additions, deletions and renewals;
* Provide leadership, mentoring and direction to the Associate Broker and Broking Coordinator;
* Leads by example by demonstrating and sharing with all lines of business the importance of best practices; and
* Perform other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
* Post Secondary Degree or equivalent preferred
* Canadian Accredited Insurance Broker (CAIB) 3 preferred or willingness to obtain
* Level 2 License is preferred
* Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP) or Canadian Accredited Insurance Broker (CAIB) or Certified Risk Management (CRM) designations would be an asset
* Commitment to ongoing learning and professional development including insurance courses/certifications/designations (I.e. General Insurance License/ Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP) or Canadian Accredited Insurance Broker (CAIB) or Certified Risk Management (CRM))
Aon offers competitive compensation, exceptional benefits, continuing education and training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Aon's professionals are unwavering in their client focus and integrity. We promote professional development and apply a disciplined, non-bureaucratic approach to help our clients realize their business potential. Drawing on our experienced team as a competitive advantage, Aon employees have the freedom to take risks, foster innovation, champion for change and replicate best practices.
Aon is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce.
For more information about Aon, visit www.aon.com/careers