Aon Corporation is the leading global provider of risk management services, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resource consulting and outsourcing. We work on two of the most critical issues today: Risk and People. Through its more than 59,000 colleagues worldwide, Aon delivers distinctive client value via innovative and effective risk management and workforce productivity solutions. The firms that are changing our world are Aon Clients.
Aon Risk Solutions is the Canadian risk management arm of Aon. In Canada, Aon Risk Solutions roots go back to 1850. We have a staff of over 1,300 insurance and risk management professionals in 26 offices across Canada and are the only international brokerage firm with full service offices in almost every province and territory.
* Prepare Insurance Policies, endorsements, premium calculations, memorandums, cover notes and letters.
* Verify, review and issue invoices, endorsements, cover notes, renewals, new policies and certificates of insurance
* Assist in preparation of underwriting submissions and using some specialized insurance software
* Follow up with Account executive and Underwriters on insurance renewal documents, quotations and other documents as required
* Receive and sort incoming mail and faxes
* Coordinate, organize and maintain information in systems and files
* Respond to telephone and written inquiries. May provide back-up support to receptionist
* Update renewals and calculate premiums
* Performing other duties as required
Qualifications and Experience:
* Proficient with MS Excel, Word
* 2-3 years of administrative support in a corporate office environment, preferably in insurance
* Strong organizational, planning and time management skills
* Ability to work within a team with a heightened sense of responsibility and initiative
* Strong attention to detail with the ability to methodically follow and apply policies and procedures with minimal supervision, work with accuracy and reliability
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to multi task and prioritize effectively
Aon offers competitive compensation, exceptional benefits, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Aon's professionals are unwavering in their client focus and integrity. We promote professional development & apply a disciplined, non-bureaucratic approach to help our clients realize their business potential. Drawing on our experienced team as a competitive advantage, Aon employees have the freedom to take risk, foster innovation, champion for change and replicate best practices.
For more information about Aon Corporation, visit our website at http://www.aon.com/careers
Aon is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse workforce.
Halifax, Nova Scotia