Aon Corporation is the leading global provider of risk management services, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resource consulting and outsourcing. We work on two of the most critical issues today: Risk and People. Through its more than 59,000 colleagues worldwide, Aon delivers distinctive client value via innovative and effective risk management and workforce productivity solutions. The firms that are changing our world are Aon Clients.
Aon Risk Solutions is the Canadian risk management arm of Aon. In Canada, Aon Risk Solutions roots go back to 1850. We have a staff of over 1,300 insurance and risk management professionals in 26 offices across Canada and are the only international brokerage firm with full service offices in almost every province and territory.
Distinctive Client Value
* Reviews endorsements, cover notes and certificates of insurance to ensure their accuracy and completion in support of the team’s service plan
* Works in collaboration with Regional Broking Manager and assigned mentor to rotate through identified work teams to enhance learning opportunities in the Broking environment.
* Shadows various functional groups as identified by Regional Broking Manager to understand all facets of the Aon Business Model.
* Defines general coverage requirements and drafts marketing proposals for renewals and new business
* Receives quotations and processes documentation for policy changes, additions, deletions and renewals
* Co-ordinates information with Associate Account Manager and underwriter to facilitate renewal process
* In collaboration with Associate Account Manager, co-ordinates and supports planning and marketing initiatives for Broker and Account Manager
* Collects relevant coverage information and oversees it’s proper input into the Xpress system as it pertains to the preparation of applicable insurance documentation
* Receives applications, prepares quotations, calculates premiums, binds coverage and coordinates applicable documentation
* Under the direction of the Broker, reviews policy documentation to ensure coverage requirements have been met
* May work in collaboration with the Technical Assistant(s) and/or administrative members of the marketing team
* Supports the marketing submission process for the Broker to ensure communiqué is shared among all relevant Account Team members and that appropriate follow-up is coordinated
* Performs other duties as required
Qualifications and Experience:
* Minimum 2 - 4 years commercial insurance experience
* RIBO license required
* Working towards CIP and CAIB designation is preferred
* Excellent customer service skills
* Exceptional professional business acumen
* Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
* Ability to work collaboratively as a key member of a service team
* Strong organization skills and the ability to prioritize under pressure of competing deadlines
* Ability to problem solve and present alternative courses of action when faced with barriers to successful coverage placement.
Aon offers competitive compensation, exceptional benefits, continuing education and training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Aon's professionals are unwavering in their client focus and integrity. We promote professional development and apply a disciplined, non-bureaucratic approach to help our clients realize their business potential. Drawing on our experienced team as a competitive advantage, Aon employees have the freedom to take risks, foster innovation, champion for change and replicate best practices.
Aon is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce.
For more information about Aon, visit www.aon.com/careers