Defined Benefit Pension Operations Manager
HR Outsourcing Services
The Pension Operations Manager (POM), is accountable for managing operational performance for assigned client(s) under their aligned domain. This includes meeting and exceeding contractual performance standards and defined operational measures. The POM is responsible for making sure that all ongoing work is delivered timely and with quality to plan sponsors and plan participants. This includes project planning, scheduling and managing, capacity and utilization management, delegating work to meet deliverables, and tracking the status of outstanding work, using internal resources. The POM is accountable for identifying process improvements that will lead to year-over-year efficiencies in the aligned client group's operational workloads. The POM is also a contact for the client, Third-Party Administrators, as well as all internal Shared Services that impact ongoing operations. The POM is expected to have a significant amount of written and verbal client interaction, to lead meetings and ad-hoc conversations and may be the client's primary point of contact.
* Strategy and Planning of BOA resources; Identify and implement process improvements
* Report system defects
* Monitor client oeprations
* Lead weekly operational meetings
* Direct communcation with clients
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
* knowledge of Pension delivery platform
* understanding of financials, budgeting and Cost Benefit Analysis
* 5+ years of Defined Benefit Pension Administration experience preferably in a consulting firm
* Strong understanding of manual calculations
* 3+ years of operations experience
* 2+ years of Project Management experience
* 2+ years of leadiing, coaching and leveraging work through others.
* Strong communication skills verbal and written
* Intermediate experience with MS Office products including (Word, Excel and Powerpoint)
* Familiar with mainframe utilities and query writing
All positions require an applicant who has accepted an offer to undergo a background check. The checks run are based on the nature of the position. Background checks may include some or all of the following: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. By applying for a position with Aon Hewitt, you understand that you will be required to undergo a background check should you be made an offer. You also understand that the offer is contingent upon successful completion of the background check and results consistent with Aon Hewitt's employment policies. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Toronto, Ontario Canada
Toronto, ON Canada