* Participate in projects and proactively build relationships with Aon Business Units to understand new requirements, facilitate design discussions, and ultimately implement a finalized solution.
* Installing, configuring and tuning application server and Web server platform.
* Application code deployment and develop auto deployment scripts.
* Develop teamwork and leadership skills by working with offshore colleagues to ensure work activities transition efficiently between shifts.
* Troubleshoot and fix environment related issues and work with vendor(s) to resolve software issues.
* Develop process and procedures to improve platform stability and availability.
* Expected to show independence and initiative to prioritize heavy workload, to manage the expectations of customers, and to meet communicated deadlines of both projects and operational tasks.
* Understands business and application requirements to make design decisions that are both financially sound and result in stable systems that meet operational and data security standards.
* Communicates in manner that is appropriate for the situation and possesses the business acumen necessary to communicate how technical design decisions affect users and budgets.
* Develops detailed documentation for environments where individual is primary project lead or application Subject Matter Expert and capable of training others in those environments.
* Capable of developing and executing test plans on emerging technology or new middleware functionality.
* Act as a role model and positive influence for colleagues in support of firm, practice, unit, and customer missions, objectives, goals, and values.
* Develop plans associated with upgrading or patching supported environments and has the planning and communication skills necessary to coordinate with diverse groups of customers.
* Be a positive, helpful teammate capable of communicating across a diverse workforce to ensure work transitions effectively without interruption or incident.
* Comply with existing Ethics and Data Security policies, standards and processes to prevent data leakage or other security-related events.
* Rotating 12x7 on-call support (8 AM - 8 PM).
* Strong customer focus and results oriented attitude is required.
* Superior written and verbal communication skills are required.
* Able to learn technical concepts quickly and apply them effectively in the workplace.
* Able to multi-task and work productively in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
* Adaptable; able to adapt to changing business requirements and react quickly.
* Good project management skills, capable of leading small project teams of 2 - 4 associates.
* Self-motivated individual, able to work independently.
* Exhibits decisiveness and good judgment, even under ambiguous circumstances, in a timely manner.
* Possesses scripting skills and understanding of automation to improve efficiency across broad enterprise (composed of multiple software versions, OS platforms, and hardware).
* Understands good Capacity Planning practices and manages hardware resources prudently.
* Strong understanding with 3-5 years of experience supporting Websphere/Jboss/Tomcat and Apache or IHS is required.
* Experience in a Linux / UNIX / Windows distributed enterprise environment is required.
* Experience managing upgrading and patching Apache deployments is required.
* Experience managing upgrading and patching other Middleware deployments is preferred.
* Experience supporting applications using J2EE architecture including WebSphere Application Server/MQ, tcServer/Tomcat, JBOSS, JAS, and Weblogic is highly desirable.
* Knowledge managing .NET architecture is desirable.
* Experience managing Middleware related monitoring tools, including Wily and Patrol is highly desirable.
* Experience managing Middleware security, including participation in security based audits, Sarbanes-Oxley compliance and adding application certificates is highly desirable.
* Experience installing, configuring, performance tuning and troubleshooting Middleware software is highly desirable.
* Familiarity with IT Enterprise architecture.
* Able to read and work from technical manuals and other documentation.
* Experience and knowledge of current trends within JAVA based technologies.
* Experience and knowledge of current trends within the Web Technology industry.
Education and Experience:
* Bachelor's degree in an IT field or relating experience.
* ITIL/PMP background or certification a plus.
* 3 or more years working in global team of 5 - 10 associates supporting an enterprise environment are a definite plus.
All positions require an applicant who has accepted an offer to undergo a background check. The checks run are based on the nature of the position. Background checks may include some or all of the following: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. By applying for a position with Aon Hewitt, you understand that you will be required to undergo a background check should you be made an offer. You also understand that the offer is contingent upon successful completion of the background check and results consistent with Aon Hewitt's employment policies. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon Hewitt is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Diversity, M/F/D/V
Lincolnshire, Illinois United States
Lincolnshire, IL United States