Aon Corporation is the leading global provider of risk management services, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resource consulting and outsourcing. We work on two of the most critical issues today: Risk and People. Through its more than 59,000 colleagues worldwide, Aon delivers distinctive client value via innovative and effective risk management and workforce productivity solutions. The firms that are changing our world are Aon Clients.
Aon Risk Solutions is the Canadian risk management arm of Aon. In Canada, Aon Risk Solutions roots go back to 1850. We have a staff of over 1,300 insurance and risk management professionals in 26 offices across Canada and are the only international brokerage firm with full service offices in almost every province and territory.
The National Operations Centre at Aon is growing. If you want to grow your career while being a key team player; if you are detail oriented and take pride in getting things done, this position may be for you. You will work with a dynamic team of forward and adaptable thinkers and through the force of your talents, achievements and dependability as a trusted team member, you’ll find exciting opportunities for further growth within Aon opening up to you.
The main focus of this role is to provide superior customer service delivery to an established client base. You will be responsible for servicing inbound and outbound calls from existing and new customers for various insurance products. Responsibilities will also include selling from an established product set and processing any requested changes to existing policies.
Distinctive Client Value
* Providing continuing (including post sales) customer service to new and existing clients, for the creation and renewal of policy documents and providing advice on policy changes
* Responding quickly and accurately to insurance questions by maintaining full knowledge of features and benefits of insurance products and services.
* Analyzing customer inquiries and providing appropriate information on products/services ensuring a match between customer needs to insurance company’s products/services; converting a high percentage to sales
* Handling a portfolio of small to medium sized commercial clients.
* Servicing existing programs and responding to new business inquiries by analyzing and defining the risk exposure, and coverage required
* Resolving customer concerns/complaints with authority limits, immediately and effectively while displaying professionalism and courtesy at all times
* Referring complex/difficult customer complaints or inquiries to the appropriate supervisor as required
* Assessing risks and obtaining all information needed to take an application, prepare quotations, calculate premiums, bind coverage and prepare documentation for billing
* Contacting other departments to obtain information requested by customers e.g. claims
* Maintaining quality controls, checking work for accuracy
* Ensuring the Management Performance Indicators are met on a regular basis
* Meeting or exceeding established sales and service targets
* Prepares renewals by obtaining updated information from client, reviews policy documents (coverage, limits, deductibles, extensions, restrictions etc.)
* Reviews Certificates of Insurance produced by PA to ensure accuracy.
* Reviews insurance and indemnity sections of complicated contracts in consultation with Account Executive
* Performs other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Experience:
* Ensuring the mandatory provincial licensing course is completed and the examination is passed successfully
* Ensuring all insurance license(s) are in good standing and the continuing education hours required for maintaining the license(s) are met
* Minimum high school diploma or equivalent work experience is required.
* Post secondary education is an asset.
* Minimum 2 years commercial lines insurance experience
* Bilingual: French is a definite asset
* Professional business acumen
* Team Player
* Competent keyboarding, computer and data entry skills
* Strong communication skills
* Ability to deal with clients/customers in a friendly and professional manner.
* Ability to solve problems and think critically.
* Strong multi-tasking skills
* Ability to work and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
Aon offers competitive compensation, exceptional benefits, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Aon's professionals are unwavering in their client focus and integrity. We promote professional development & apply a disciplined, non-bureaucratic approach to help our clients realize their business potential. Drawing on our experienced team as a competitive advantage, Aon employees have the freedom to take risk, foster innovation, champion for change and replicate best practices.
For more information about Aon Corporation, visit our website at http://www.aon.com/careers
Aon is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse workforce.