Personal Insurance Broker
Aon Corporation is the leading global provider of risk management services, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resource consulting and outsourcing. We work on two of the most critical issues today: Risk and People. Through its more than 59,000 colleagues worldwide, Aon delivers distinctive client value via innovative and effective risk management and workforce productivity solutions. The firms that are changing our world are Aon Clients.
Aon Risk Solutions is the Canadian risk management arm of Aon. In Canada, Aon Risk Solutions roots go back to 1850. We have a staff of over 1,300 insurance and risk management professionals in 26 offices across Canada and are the only international brokerage firm with full service offices in almost every province and territory.
Actively participates in developing new business, cross-sales and upselling to clients. Services clients by recommending and maintaining appropriate insurance coverage. Processes related documentation.
* Meets established sales and service targets.
* Analyzes customer inquiries by providing information on products/services.
* Matches customer needs to insurance company’s products/services
* Provides information to customers in response to customer inquiries on products/services, converting a high percentage to sales.
* Contacts other departments to obtain information requested by customers i.e. claims.
* Generates new business opportunities by recommending products/services where appropriate.
* Up-sells or cross-sells products/services to existing clients.
* Updates customer records on computer system.
* Resolves customer concern/complaints within authority limits.
* Provides post sales customer service, i.e. policy changes.
* Reviews coverage(s) and recommends changes as necessary.
* Maintains quality controls, checks work for accuracy.
* Manage accounts receivable.
* May be required to process documents, including customer letters and invoices.
* Refers complex/difficult customer complaints/inquiries to team leader or supervisor.
* Maintains general knowledge and understanding of all products/services.
* Provides telephone coverage 100% if required log-on time
* Other duties as required.
* College Diploma/University Degree.
Experience or Training:
* Minimum 3+ years of relevant Personal Lines or general insurance related experience.
* Proficient in MS Word, Excel ,Powerpoint, & Lotus Notes.
* Brokers insurance courses.
* RIBO License required
* Working knowledge of Personal Lines
* TAM systems knowledge
* Knowledge of Personal Lines products and services.
* Knowledge of company policies and procedures.
Aon offers competitive compensation, exceptional benefits, continuing education and training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Aon's professionals are unwavering in their client focus and integrity. We promote professional development and apply a disciplined, non-bureaucratic approach to help our clients realize their business potential. Drawing on our experienced team as a competitive advantage, Aon employees have the freedom to take risks, foster innovation, champion for change and replicate best practices.
Aon is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce.
For more information about Aon, visit www.aon.com/careers