Director Enterprise Operations
· Perform people management activities, including hiring, managing associate performance, conducting pay, performance and career conversations and other aspects related to managing people in a results oriented culture.
· Manage a portfolio of capacity management products that enable enterprise capacity management of the network, server and application infrastructures.
· Manage a portfolio of infrastructure monitoring products that enable detailed monitoring of the network, server, and application infrastructures.
· Manage and coordinate global disaster recovery plans and testing. Engage with Business IT leadership to define, schedule and resource exercises to meet RTO/RPO requirements.
· Oversee the mainframe tier 1 network operations center team. Ensure 24x7x365 operation center coverage.
· Accountable for the performance of the teams; colleague engagement; cost, quality and timeliness of solutions and; the overall satisfaction of customers.
· Consult and collaborate with IT and applications teams to develop strategic service assurance plans for infrastructure components and application systems.
· Develop relationships and product experience with strategic vendors. Understand selected tooling roadmaps, financial tradeoffs, benefits and value proposition. Periodically engage in available product assessments and provide SWAT analysis as needed.
· Build and maintain strong relationships with peers and customers with a focus on operational excellence.
· Maintain a good understanding of Aon's Enterprise IT environment, business applications and service level requirements.
· Maintain a good understanding of service delivery and industry best practices. Understand the critical components and handoffs to support the AON ITIL model.
· Manage a geographically distributed team, ensuring superior communication, teamwork and synergy between centers.
· Forecast and manage team productivity and availability effectively, by fostering a flexible, results oriented culture.
· Make fiscally responsible decisions, using cost/benefit analysis and other methods to ensure appropriate return on investment and find ways to increase value by reducing run rate.
· Has core financial management skills; able to manage a budget effectively and meet P/L targets.
· Strong understanding of insourced and outsource service models with the ability to operate successfully in a mixed model.
· Able to learn technical concepts quickly and apply them effectively in the workplace.
· Strong knowledge of IT service assurance tools.
· Able to multi-task and work productively in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
· Adaptable; able to adapt to changing business requirements and react quickly.
· Strong customer focused and results oriented attitude.
· Superior written and verbal communication skills.
· Good project management skills.
· Self-motivated individual, able to work independently.
· Exhibits decisiveness and good judgment even under ambiguous circumstances, in a timely manner.
· Experience with service assurance products.
· Experience with BMC, CA and Compuware tools is strongly desired.
· Operational knowledge of virtualized platforms, UNIX and Windows systems.
· Familiarity with networking concepts of LAN and WAN technologies.
· Familiarity with Enterprise Middleware and Directory Services like IBM WebSphere Application Server, IBM WebSphere MQ, Sun Java Application Server, Apache HTTP Server, CA SiteMinder, Novell eDirectory.
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor degree in an IT field. MCS or MBA is strong plus.
· Technical Certifications are a plus. ITIL, networking, virtualization, O/S, IBM z series.
· 10-15 years of experience working in an IT service assurance or related role.
· 5-10 years people management and group management experience.
· Experience within a large infrastructure environment, preferably Fortune 500 or larger companies.
· Experience with Service Delivery.
· Experience with providing strategy/direction and rationalization of products.
All positions require an applicant who has accepted an offer to undergo a background check. The checks run are based on the nature of the position. Background checks may include some or all of the following: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. By applying for a position with Aon Hewitt, you understand that you will be required to undergo a background check should you be made an offer. You also understand that the offer is contingent upon successful completion of the background check and results consistent with Aon Hewitt's employment policies. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon Hewitt is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Diversity, M/F/D/V
Lincolnshire, Illinois United States
Lincolnshire, IL United States