Aon plc (NYSE: AON) is the leading global provider of risk management, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resources solutions and outsourcing services. Through its more than 61,000 colleagues worldwide, Aon unites to empower results for clients in over 120 countries via innovative and effective risk and people solutions and through industry-leading global resources and technical expertise. Aon has been named repeatedly as the world's best broker, best insurance intermediary, reinsurance intermediary, captives manager and best employee benefits consulting firm by multiple industry sources. Visit www.aon.com for more information on Aon and www.aon.com/manchesterunited to learn about Aon's global partnership and shirt sponsorship with Manchester United.
Distinctive Client Value
* Providing continuing (including post sales) customer service to new and existing clients, for the creation and renewal of policy documents and providing advice on policy changes
* Responding quickly and accurately to insurance questions by maintaining full knowledge of features and benefits of insurance products and services.
* Analyzing customer inquiries and providing appropriate information on products/services ensuring a match between customer needs to insurance company’s products/services; converting a high percentage to sales
* Handling a portfolio of small to medium sized commercial clients.
* Servicing existing programs and responding to new business inquiries by analyzing and defining the risk exposure, and coverage required
* Resolving customer concerns/complaints with authority limits, immediately and effectively while displaying professionalism and courtesy at all times
* Referring complex/difficult customer complaints or inquiries to the appropriate supervisor as required
* Assessing risks and obtaining all information needed to take an application, prepare quotations, calculate premiums, bind coverage and prepare documentation for billing
* Contacting other departments to obtain information requested by customers e.g. claims
* Maintaining quality controls, checking work for accuracy
* Ensuring the Management Performance Indicators are met on a regular basis
* Meeting or exceeding established sales and service targets
* Prepares renewals by obtaining updated information from client, reviews policy documents (coverage, limits, deductibles, extensions, restrictions etc.)
* Reviews Certificates of Insurance produced by PA to ensure accuracy.
* Reviews insurance and indemnity sections of complicated contracts in consultation with Account Executive
* Performs other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Experience:
* Ensuring the mandatory provincial licensing course is completed and the examination is passed successfully
* Ensuring all insurance license(s) are in good standing and the continuing education hours required for maintaining the license(s) are met
* Minimum high school diploma or equivalent work experience is required.
* Post secondary education is an asset.
* Minimum 2 years commercial lines insurance experience
* Bilingual: French is a definite asset
* Professional business acumen
* Team Player
* Competent keyboarding, computer and data entry skills
* Strong communication skills
* Ability to deal with clients/customers in a friendly and professional manner.
* Ability to solve problems and think critically.
* Strong multi-tasking skills
* Ability to work and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
Aon offers competitive compensation, exceptional benefits, continuing education & training, a unique internal advancement program, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
All positions at Aon require an applicant who has accepted an offer to undergo a background check. The checks run are based on the nature of the position. Background checks may include some or all of the following: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that you will be required to undergo a background check should you be made an offer. You also understand that the offer is contingent upon successful completion of the background check and results consistent with Aon 's employment policies. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon's professionals are unwavering in their client focus and integrity. We promote diversity, professional development, frugality and stewardship, applying a disciplined non-bureaucratic approach to help our clients realize their business potential. Drawing on our experienced team as a competitive advantage, Aon employees have the freedom to take risks, foster innovation, champion for change and replicate best practices.
For more information about Aon Corporation, visit our website at http://www.aon.com.
Aon is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. M/F/D/V
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.