Associate Account Executive (Power & Utilities) - Calgary - Job ID 43557
Associate Account Executive (Power & Utilities), Calgary – Job ID 43557
As an Associate Account Executive, you are responsible for providing technical and administrative coordination on all aspects of the account, including client services and marketing activities. This role is responsible for coordinating all aspects of client coverage and marketing and serving as the internal central contact point on an account.
Distinctive Client Value:
* Receives and processes client requests and reviews documentation for routine policy changes, additions, deletions, renewals or cancellations;
* Coordinates client information with Broking Team (Broker, Associate Broker / Broking Coordinator) to initiate renewal process;
* Receives policy contracts from Broking Team, provides first level review to ensure apparent client needs have been met;
* Under the direction of the principle Account Executive, services existing programs, defines routine risk exposure and provides first level advice on general policy coverage;
* Prepares client service summaries, program reports and client survey information for review by Service Team Management;
* May supervise the day to day administrative activities of the Account Coordinators/ Broking Coordinators and/or administrative members of the service team;
* Reviews endorsements, cover notes and certificates of insurance produced by the Broking Coordinator to ensure their accuracy and completion in support of the team’s service plan;
* Handles and services an assigned book of accounts;
* Leads by example by demonstrating and sharing with all lines of business the importance of best practice; and
* Perform other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
* Minimum 5-10 years of commercial insurance experience
* Ability to work collaboratively as a key member a team and independently with minimum supervision;
* Client relationship focused;
* Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills;
* Strong organization skills and the ability to prioritize under pressure of competing deadlines;
* Must have strong computer skills and be proficient with the Microsoft Office Package.
Education and Professional Development:
* Post Secondary Degree or equivalent preferred;
* General Insurance Level 2 License preferred, Level 1 License required
* Commitment to ongoing learning and professional development including insurance courses/certifications (i.e. Canadian Accredited Insurance Broker (CAIB)/Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP)
Aon offers competitive compensation, exceptional benefits, continuing education and training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Aon's professionals are unwavering in their client focus and integrity. We promote professional development and apply a disciplined, non-bureaucratic approach to help our clients realize their business potential. Drawing on our experienced team as a competitive advantage, Aon employees have the freedom to take risks, foster innovation, and champion for change and replicate best practices.
Aon is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce.
For more information about Aon Corporation, visit our website at http://www.aon.com