Aon Hewitt empowers organizations and individuals to secure a better future through innovative talent, retirement and health solutions. We advise, design and execute a wide range of solutions that enable clients to cultivate talent to drive organizational and personal performance and growth, navigate retirement risk while providing new levels of financial security, and redefine health solutions for greater choice, affordability and wellness. Aon Hewitt is the global leader in human resource solutions, with over 30,000 professionals in 90 countries serving more than 20,000 clients worldwide. For more information on Aon Hewitt, please visit www.aonhewitt.com.
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
* Work with Business to help them gather and detail their Business Requirements/specifications.
* Generate detailed documentation such as functional specifications, design and use cases.
* Estimate time and efforts to deliver solutions.
* Program and implement proposed modifications using our technologies as described in the requirements section.
* Provide ongoing production support to clients by performing defect analysis and correction.
* Execute unit tests and participate in reviews to ensure the solution fulfills the requirements.
* Correlate production issues, assess trends and review processes to identify broader improvement opportunities and enhancements that will increase efficiency/productivity.
* Modernize some of our existing applications to current technologies.
* Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
* Two years experience as a Programmer (Java and .Net)
* JAVA programming language (EJB 2.0, Hibernate 2 and Borland Enterprise Server –J2EE app server-)
* Microsoft Access 2003 (VB coding)
* Proficient knowledge of .NET (Visual studio 2008+)
* Familiar with structured methods of development for systems and system architectures such as Agile.
* Good verbal and written communications skills in French and English.
* Demonstrate ability to develop innovative solutions and solve complex issues.
* Strong interpersonal skills to effectively work with colleagues and clients.
* Deal with aggressive deadlines and changing priorities.
* Work independently with little supervision and pay attention to detail and accuracy.
* Knowledge of human resources, Pension and Benefits and Workers Compensation Business, an asset.
Aon offers competitive compensation, exceptional benefits, continuing education & training, a unique internal advancement program, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
All positions at Aon require an applicant who has accepted an offer to undergo a background check. The checks run are based on the nature of the position. Background checks may include some or all of the following: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that you will be required to undergo a background check should you be made an offer. You also understand that the offer is contingent upon successful completion of the background check and results consistent with Aon 's employment policies. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon's professionals are unwavering in their client focus and integrity. We promote diversity, professional development, frugality and stewardship, applying a disciplined non-bureaucratic approach to help our clients realize their business potential. Drawing on our experienced team as a competitive advantage, Aon employees have the freedom to take risks, foster innovation, champion for change and replicate best practices.
For more information about Aon Corporation, visit our website at http://www.aon.com.
Aon is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce.