Personal Insurance Broker - Whitehorse - Job ID 43569
Personal Insurance Broker, Whitehorse – Job ID 43569
The Personal Insurance Broker with our Whitehorse Branch actively participates in servicing of existing and potential customer in a Monday to Friday (8:30 am to 4:30pm) work environment. In this role you will service customer by recommending, maintaining appropriate insurance coverage and processing all related documentation. Your role will also be responsible for the following:
Distinctive Client Value:
* Analyzing customer specific insurance coverage requirements, preparing and recommending products/services that match the customer needs for renewals and new business;
* Meeting established sales and service targets;
* Responding to customer inquiries by providing information on products/services and converting high percentage to sales;
* Generating new business opportunities by recommending, up-selling or cross- selling products/services to existing clients where appropriate;
* Reviewing coverages(s) and recommending changes as necessary;
* Resolving customer concern/complaints within authority limits and referring complex/difficult customer concerns to team leader or supervisor;
* Providing post sales customer service by processing policy changes, documents, customer letters and invoices as needed;
* Maintaining quality controls – updating customer information and checking work for accuracy.
* Managing accounts receivable;
* Maintaining general knowledge and understanding of all products/services;
* Leads by example by demonstrating and sharing with all lines of business the importance of best practices; and
* Perform other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
* Knowledge of The Agency Manager (TAM) is an asset;
* Ability to work collaboratively as a key member a team and independently with minimum supervision;
* Client relationship focused;
* Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills;
* Strong organization skills and the ability to prioritize under pressure of competing deadlines;
* Must have strong computer skills and be proficient with the Microsoft Office Package.
Education and Professional Development:
* Post Secondary Degree or equivalent preferred;
* General Insurance Level 1 is an asset;
* Commitment to ongoing learning and professional development including insurance courses/certifications (i.e. General Insurance Level 2, Canadian Accredited Insurance Broker (CAIB)/Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP)).
Aon is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce.
For more information about Aon Corporation, visit our website at http://www.aon.com.