Account Specialist I
Aon plc (NYSE: AON) is the leading global provider of risk management, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resources solutions and outsourcing services. Through its more than 61,000 colleagues worldwide, Aon unites to empower results for clients in over 120 countries via innovative and effective risk and people solutions and through industry-leading global resources and technical expertise. Aon has been named repeatedly as the world's best broker, best insurance intermediary, reinsurance intermediary, captives manager and best employee benefits consulting firm by multiple industry sources. Visit www.aon.com for more information on Aon and www.aon.com/manchesterunited to learn about Aon's global partnership and shirt sponsorship with Manchester United.
We currently have an exciting career opportunity for an Account Specialist I in our Richmond, VA office. This position will support Aon Risk Services.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Assist Account Executive on complex accounts, managing key processes that serve clients and undertaking the client-facing activities related to these processes. May serve as the Account Executive for non-complex accounts.
* Serve as liaison with Client Services unit, coordinating activities of the client service team and Client Services unit to ensure that key processes assigned are completed effectively.
* Maintain effective and productive relationships with clients.
* Provide input on submissions to the Brokerage Unit.
* Manage client open items list and respond to client ad-hoc requests.
* Assist in development of client service plans and stewardship report coordination.
* Receive and manage complex endorsement requests.
* Follow-up on credit/premium delinquencies.
* Assist management in scheduling travel
MINIMUM SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
* Individuals in this position must generally have a minimum of 0-3 years of experience with risk management accounts or have experience in managing large accounts, coupled with the ability to manage projects.
* Understand the structure and content of insurance contracts, and be aware of most insurance coverage is preferred
* Knowledge of major insurance coverage is essential, including general/products liability, commercial automobile, workers’ compensation, property, time element, umbrella, premium rating methods and audits.
* Understand Certificates of Insurance preparation and have a working knowledge of exposure information and its applications. In addition to superior organizational skills is preferred
* Individuals in this position must posses excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Proficiency in PC office products such as Word, Excel, Lotus Notes is required
Aon offers competitive compensation, exceptional benefits, continuing education & training, a unique internal advancement program, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
All positions at Aon require an applicant who has accepted an offer to undergo a background check. The checks run are based on the nature of the position. Background checks may include some or all of the following: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that you will be required to undergo a background check should you be made an offer. You also understand that the offer is contingent upon successful completion of the background check and results consistent with Aon 's employment policies. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon's professionals are unwavering in their client focus and integrity. We promote diversity, professional development, frugality and stewardship, applying a disciplined non-bureaucratic approach to help our clients realize their business potential. Drawing on our experienced team as a competitive advantage, Aon employees have the freedom to take risks, foster innovation, champion for change and replicate best practices.
For more information about Aon Corporation, visit our website at http://www.aon.com.
Aon is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. M/F/D/V
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Richmond, Virginia United States
Richmond, VA United States