Senior Associate - Investment Consulting
Aon Corporation is the leading global provider of risk management services, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resource consulting and outsourcing. We work on two of the most critical issues today: Risk and People. Through its more than 59,000 colleagues worldwide, Aon delivers distinctive client value via innovative and effective risk management and workforce productivity solutions. The firms that are changing our world are Aon Clients.
Aon Hewitt is the global leader in human capital consulting and outsourcing solutions. The company partners with organizations to solve their most complex benefits, talent and related financial challenges, and improve business performance. Aon Hewitt designs, implements, communicates and administers a wide range of human capital, retirement, investment management, health care, compensation and talent management strategies. With more than 29,000 professionals in 90 countries, Aon Hewitt makes the world a better place to work for clients and their employees.
* Conducting manager research and providing views on Canadian equity (large cap, small cap, all cap, dividend, etc) strategies. A small percentage of time will also be allocated to researching Canadian fixed income strategies;
* Writing formal reports for consultants and clients summarizing Research's views and assessment of investment managers;
* Monitoring of institutional investment managers and financial market performance;
* Representing Aon Hewitt to clients and the investment management community;
* Leading and organizing on-site due diligence meetings with asset managers;
* Providing thought leadership and training/educating consultants on new ideas coming into the market;
* Ensuring a strong and robust buy list of managers that outperforms the benchmark over time;
* Supporting consultants during client meetings;
* Various research projects related to financial markets.
Qualifications and Experience:
* Undergraduate degree in Business Administration, Commerce or Mathematics;
* 3-4 years of experience related to the investment industry;
* Knowledge and experience within manager research focusing on Canadian equities is preferred;
* Strong knowledge of the financial markets (in particular the structure of the Canadian market) and a passion for investments;
* Excellent communication, interpersonal and writing skills are paramount;
* Strong presentation skills;
* Ability to put ideas and views on paper proficiently;
* Ability to multi-task and work under tight deadlines;
* Ability to work autonomously as well as within a team environment;
* Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint;
CFA (or working towards) strongly preferred.
Aon offers competitive compensation, exceptional benefits, continuing education & training, a unique internal advancement program, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Aon's professionals are unwavering in their client focus and integrity. We promote diversity, professional development, frugality and stewardship, applying a disciplined non-bureaucratic approach to help our clients realize their business potential. Drawing on our experienced team as a competitive advantage, Aon employees have the freedom to take risks, foster innovation, champion for change and replicate best practices.
For more information about Aon Corporation, visit our website at http://www.aon.com.
Aon is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce.