Broker, Power and Utilities (Calgary, AB) Job ID 43789
Broker, Power and Utilities Calgary – Job ID 43782
As a Broker with our Power & Utilities Group, you will negotiate with Underwriters for the best terms, conditions and competitive pricing for existing and new clients. This role is responsible for verifying that all policies and documentation for accuracy in accordance with terms and conditions.
Distinctive Client Value:
* Collaborates with Account Executive to develop coverage strategy and marketing initiatives for renewal and prospective business;
* Analyzes client specific risk exposure and details coverage requirements; prepares and presents marketing proposals for renewals and new business;
* Negotiate, establish, and maintain strong relationships with the underwriting community for the ultimate benefit of the client;
* Follows up with insurer to confirm terms of negotiated contract are met;
* Approves documentation for new contracts, policy changes, additions, deletions and renewals;
* Provide leadership, mentoring and direction to the Associate Broker and Broking Coordinator;
* Leads by example by demonstrating and sharing with all lines of business the importance of best practices; and
* Perform other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
* Minimum of 5-7 years of insurance and/or commercial marketing, broking experience;
* Experience and exposure to the power and utilities sector is an asset
* Ability to work collaboratively as a key member a team and independently with minimum supervision;
* Client relationship focused;
* Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills;
* Strong organization skills and the ability to prioritize under pressure of competing deadlines;
* Must have strong computer skills and be proficient with the Microsoft Office Package.
Education and Professional Development:
* Post Secondary Degree or equivalent preferred
* Canadian Accredited Insurance Broker (CAIB) 3 preferred or willingness to obtain
* Level 2 License is preferred
* Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP) or Canadian Accredited Insurance Broker (CAIB) or Certified Risk Management (CRM) designations would be an asset
* Commitment to ongoing learning and professional development including insurance courses/certifications/designations (I.e. General Insurance License/ Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP), Canadian Accredited Insurance Broker (CAIB) or Certified Risk Management (CRM))
Aon offers competitive compensation, exceptional benefits, continuing education and training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Aon's professionals are unwavering in their client focus and integrity. We promote professional development and apply a disciplined, non-bureaucratic approach to help our clients realize their business potential. Drawing on our experienced team as a competitive advantage, Aon employees have the freedom to take risks, foster innovation, and champion for change and replicate best practices.
Aon is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce.
For more information about Aon Corporation, visit our website at http://www.aon.com.