Account Coordinator (Toronto, ON)
Aon plc (NYSE: AON) is the leading global provider of risk management, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resources solutions and outsourcing services. Through its more than 61,000 colleagues worldwide, Aon unites to empower results for clients in over 120 countries via innovative and effective risk and people solutions and through industry-leading global resources and technical expertise. Aon has been named repeatedly as the world's best broker, best insurance intermediary, reinsurance intermediary, captives manager and best employee benefits consulting firm by multiple industry sources. Visit www.aon.com for more information on Aon and www.aon.com/manchesterunited to learn about Aon's global partnership and shirt sponsorship with Manchester United.
* Service of Accounts
* Abeyances - Keep an abeyance for outstanding and time sensitive items - follow-up;
* Respond to client questions;
* Certificates - Coordinates issuance of insurance certificates with client. Certificates of insurance must be accurate and specific and delivered to meet client's needs;
* Check Lists - Renewal and Change Documents - Prepare checklists and update until all documents have been received and delivered to the insured;
* Clients Operations - Develop and maintain basic understanding of clients operations;
* Correspondence - Prepare correspondence to insured and brokers as required;
* Day to day service of assigned clients - Handle telephone calls, inquiries, coverage changes, disbursement of documentation, etc.
* Monthly Reporting - Follow-up with the insured for monthly/quarterly reporting forms such as Cargo and Stock reports and provide to the Broker;
* Proof read and edits - All documentation thoroughly prior to sending to the insured or broker; demonstrate a level of attention to detail;
* Renewal Process - Handle the renewal process as delegated to.
* Ensure renewal process is started on time so timelines can be met;
* Gather and prepare information to be sent to the insured;
* Request updated claims information from Broker as assigned.
* Accounting Discrepancies - Investigate and track accounting discrepancies; review and update accounts receivables for Account Manager. Follow-up with client for outstanding receivables;
* Binders, reports, proposals, etc. - prepare as required;
* Organize files according to Aon and the Department's protocol as applicable;
* Update client information in Xpress (new/changes);
* Maintain clear documentation;
* Meet turn-around time requirements for documentation processing;
* Perform other duties as required.
Aon offers competitive compensation, exceptional benefits, continuing education & training, a unique internal advancement program, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
All positions at Aon require an applicant who has accepted an offer to undergo a background check. The checks run are based on the nature of the position. Background checks may include some or all of the following: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that you will be required to undergo a background check should you be made an offer. You also understand that the offer is contingent upon successful completion of the background check and results consistent with Aon 's employment policies. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon's professionals are unwavering in their client focus and integrity. We promote diversity, professional development, frugality and stewardship, applying a disciplined non-bureaucratic approach to help our clients realize their business potential. Drawing on our experienced team as a competitive advantage, Aon employees have the freedom to take risks, foster innovation, champion for change and replicate best practices.
For more information about Aon Corporation, visit our website at http://www.aon.com.
Aon is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. M/F/D/V
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.