Senior Associate - Health and Benefits Consulting
Aon Corporation is the leading global provider of risk management services, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resource consulting and outsourcing. We work on two of the most critical issues today: Risk and People. Through its more than 59,000 colleagues worldwide, Aon delivers distinctive client value via innovative and effective risk management and workforce productivity solutions. The firms that are changing our world are Aon Clients.
Aon Hewitt is the global leader in human capital consulting and outsourcing solutions. The company partners with organizations to solve their most complex benefits, talent and related financial challenges, and improve business performance. Aon Hewitt designs, implements, communicates and administers a wide range of human capital, retirement, investment management, health care, compensation and talent management strategies. With more than 29,000 professionals in 90 countries, Aon Hewitt makes the world a better place to work for clients and their employees.
* Provide consulting services and senior analytical support to a wide range of mid to large clients;
* Provide analysis of clients’ financial and underwriting results and prepare reports and letters, and other related group benefit projects;
* Provide advanced technical advice/expertise to clients and to others inside the organization, (plan design recommendations, costings, documentation, reviews, etc.) as necessary to advance business interests;
* Provide guidance, mentoring and support to group benefit staff as they serve their clients, ensuring high standards of service;
* Act as a role model for technical excellence, ensuring adherence to technical, professional and ethical standards;
* Identify gaps between client needs and existing Aon services; propose and develop service enhancements, adding to Aon’s product/service portfolio and intellectual capital;
* Establish and use broad network of external contacts to gain market insight into client service expectations; shares knowledge across the organization to enhance Aon’s ability to excel at client focus;
* Continually review client accounts and relationships and recommend ways to enhance the value Aon brings to the client based on a deep understanding of the client’s business and insight into industry trends;
* Write/deliver client presentations/meetings/industry seminars that are well-prepared, powerful and persuasive;
Qualifications and Experience
* University degree and completion of CEBS / FLMI / LOMA designation is preferred;
* Completion of Ontario Life License is required;
* A minimum of 3-5 years of direct experience in a consulting/insurance environment;
* Demonstrated ability to lead projects and client teams;
* Ability to establish relationships at the senior management level with existing and prospective clients for purposes of understanding the short/long term needs of clients, identifying business development opportunities and negotiating and closing consulting assignments;
* Strong technical expertise and the proven ability to remain current with respect to industry trends, provincial and federal legislative policies and changes;
* Demonstrated problem-solving and analytical skills in developing solutions for complex client/business issues;
* Proven organization skills and the ability to effectively coordinate the delivery of projects and advisory services;
* Ability to provide technical expertise and act as an effective mentor and coach and role model for practice members;
* Detail and results-oriented; able to balance multiple priorities and work under tight deadlines;
* Positive attitude combined with a desire to contribute to the success of Aon;
* Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite – Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Aon offers competitive compensation, exceptional benefits, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Aon's professionals are unwavering in their client focus and integrity. We promote professional development & apply a disciplined, non-bureaucratic approach to help our clients realize their business potential. Drawing on our experienced team as a competitive advantage, Aon employees have the freedom to take risk, foster innovation, champion for change and replicate best practices.
For more information about Aon Corporation, visit our website at http://www.aon.com/careers
Aon is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse workforce.