Administrative Support Services
Aon Corporation is the leading global provider of risk management services, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resource consulting and outsourcing. We work on two of the most critical issues today: Risk and People. Through its more than 59,000 colleagues worldwide, Aon delivers distinctive client value via innovative and effective risk management and workforce productivity solutions. The firms that are changing our world are Aon Clients.
Aon Hewitt is the global leader in human capital consulting and outsourcing solutions. The company partners with organizations to solve their most complex benefits, talent and related financial challenges, and improve business performance. Aon Hewitt designs, implements, communicates and administers a wide range of human capital, retirement, investment management, health care, compensation and talent management strategies. With more than 29,000 professionals in 90 countries, Aon Hewitt makes the world a better place to work for clients and their employees.
In this role you will provide administrative support to a group of consultants. You will perform high-level, complex administrative functions for project teams and senior VPs, which include a high degree of initiative and responsibility. This role requires client contact.
* Maintains appointment schedules by planning and scheduling numerous meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and travel schedules
* Provide general administrative support including mail distribution, faxing, copying, answering phones, and filing.
* Create and produce various complex documents including correspondence, proposals, presentations, and spreadsheets using advanced software features.
* Manage and coordinate administrative projects independently with considerable discretion.
* Produces timely and accurate management information, reports. (i.e. monthly time summary reports,information to help with forecasting, and budgeting)
* Possess effective project management skills and the ability to follow through to completion of project
* Possess effective interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to interface with associates and clients at all levels, both orally and in writing
* Access various databases and internet sites to assist consultants with research
* Supports team members/pitches in to help others
* Maintains client files, research/technical resources, other databases and records
* Plans and coordinates special events
* Professional phone manner with clients
* Makes travel arrangements
* Submits purchase requisitions
* Prepares trip/expense reports for consultants
* Exercise considerable discretion and independent judgment.
* Take the initiative to manage client needs in the consultant's absence.
* Proofread documents.
* Manage and organize schedules.
* Coordinate meetings, taking notes.
* Back up other assistants.
* Maintain a high level of confidentiality when working with sensitive material or management issues.
* Apply and share content knowledge and technical skills as defined by your role.
* Demonstrate an understanding of the business goals of firm and our clients.
* Continue to develop professional skills in your specialty and apply those skills with excellence in client situations.
* Team player
Education/ Certifications/ Work Experience Required
* Minimum 6 years of relevant work experience
* Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
* High School diploma or equivalent
* Typing accurate at 55 WPM
Technical Competencies/Skills Required
* Advanced MicroSoft PowerPoint and Word; Intermediate Excel
* Business Phone Etiquette, Customer Service principles
* Strong attention to detail/Proofreading skills
* Language skills, including the rules of grammar, spelling, and punctuation
* Lotus Notes / Microsoft Outlook
Aon offers competitive compensation, exceptional benefits, continuing education and training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Aon's professionals are unwavering in their client focus and integrity. We promote professional development and apply a disciplined, non-bureaucratic approach to help our clients realize their business potential. Drawing on our experienced team as a competitive advantage, Aon employees have the freedom to take risks, foster innovation, champion for change and replicate best practices.
Aon is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce.
For more information about Aon, visit www.aon.com/careers