Broking Coordinator, Small Commerical (Victoria, BC)
Aon Corporation is the leading global provider of risk management services, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resource consulting and outsourcing. We work on two of the most critical issues today: Risk and People. Through its more than 59,000 colleagues worldwide, Aon delivers distinctive client value via innovative and effective risk management and workforce productivity solutions. The firms that are changing our world are Aon Clients.
Aon Risk Solutions is the Canadian risk management arm of Aon. In Canada, Aon Risk Solutions roots go back to 1850. We have a staff of over 1,300 insurance and risk management professionals in 26 offices across Canada and are the only international brokerage firm with full service offices in almost every province and territory.
* Responsible for the day to day activity on accounts handled by Brokers and Associate Brokers
* Acts as assistant to Brokers and Associate Brokers
* Receives coverage information and direction from Associate Broker and inputs into the Xpress system.
* Produces cover notes, endorsements and invoices on Xpress for review by Associate Broker; policy checks, sorting, prioritizing and handling the Broker’s mail and abeyances on a daily basis
* Issuing Certificates of Insurance in timely manner.
* Handles telephone inquiries from Insurers.
* Occasional reception relief.
* Requests insurance documents on a timely basis.
* Assists department with general correspondence, underwriting reports and client presentations.
* Handles abeyance for the Department and follows up accordingly for documentation and information.
* Maintain department filing system, receive and sort incoming mail/faxes and distributes in a timely and efficient manner.
* Performs other related duties as required.
Qualifications and Experience:
* A minimum of 1 year insurance related experience preferred
* Level 1 license preferred
* Basic understanding of insurance terminology and coverages
* Proficient with Microsoft Office.
* Strong attention to detail; ability to multi-task; good communication skills
Aon offers competitive compensation, exceptional benefits, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Aon's professionals are unwavering in their client focus and integrity. We promote professional development & apply a disciplined, non-bureaucratic approach to help our clients realize their business potential. Drawing on our experienced team as a competitive advantage, Aon employees have the freedom to take risk, foster innovation, champion for change and replicate best practices.
For more information about Aon Corporation, visit our website at http://www.aon.com/careers
Aon is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse workforce.
Victoria, British Columbia